Re: [tracker2] SMT OT+

  • Matthew Cook
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
      It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

      Idle: 12 mA
      TX: 22 mA

      Sent from my iPhone4

      On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

      Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

      73's

      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
      better job at decoding.

      Scott

      On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
      > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
      > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
      > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
      >
      > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
      > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
      >
      > Can anyone enlighten me?
      >
      > 73's
      >
      > Matthew
      > VK5ZM

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Regards

      Matthew
      VK5ZM
      0487 653 245

    • caimaver
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
        Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

        - Cai /W6CAI

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
          Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
          error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
          I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
          TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
          OTUSB or T3 MCU.

          Scott

          On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
          > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
          > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
          > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
          >
          > - Cai /W6CAI

          > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
          > > better job at decoding.
          > >
          > > Scott
          > >
          > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
          > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
          > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
          > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
          > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
          > > >
          > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
          > modem)
          > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
          > > >
          > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
          > > >
          > > > 73's
          > > >
          > > > Matthew
          > > > VK5ZM

        • caimaver
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
            Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

            - Cai /W6CAI