Re: [tracker2] SMT OT+

  • Matthew Cook
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
      Thanks Scott,

      I'll place an order for some OTUSB's shortly.  Any ideas on when they will be back in stock?

      73's

      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Somewhere around 25 mA.

      Scott

      On 11/8/2012 4:46 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?
      > That seems like just the ticket.
      >
      > 73's
      >
      > Matthew
      > VK5ZM
      >
      > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      >
      >     Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
      >     better job at decoding.
      >
      >     Scott
      >
      >     On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      >      > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
      >      > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to
      >     send
      >      > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
      >      > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
      >      >
      >      > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
      >     modem)
      >      > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
      >      >
      >      > Can anyone enlighten me?
      >      >
      >      > 73's
      >      >
      >      > Matthew
      >      > VK5ZM
      >      >
      >      >

      >     <mailto:tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Regards

      Matthew
      VK5ZM
      0487 653 245

    • Matthew Cook
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
        It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

        Matthew
        VK5ZM

        On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

        Idle: 12 mA
        TX: 22 mA

        Sent from my iPhone4

        On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
        better job at decoding.

        Scott

        On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
        > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
        > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
        > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
        >
        > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
        > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
        >
        > Can anyone enlighten me?
        >
        > 73's
        >
        > Matthew
        > VK5ZM

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
            tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Regards

        Matthew
        VK5ZM
        0487 653 245

      • caimaver
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
          Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

          - Cai /W6CAI

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
            Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
            error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
            I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
            TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
            OTUSB or T3 MCU.

            Scott

            On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
            > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
            > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
            > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
            >
            > - Cai /W6CAI

            > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
            > > better job at decoding.
            > >
            > > Scott
            > >
            > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
            > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
            > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
            > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
            > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
            > > >
            > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
            > modem)
            > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
            > > >
            > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
            > > >
            > > > 73's
            > > >
            > > > Matthew
            > > > VK5ZM

          • caimaver
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
              Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

              - Cai /W6CAI