Re: [tracker2] SMT OT+

  • Suryono Adisoemarta
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
      Idle: 12 mA
      TX: 22 mA

      Sent from my iPhone4

      On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

      Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

      73's

      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
      better job at decoding.

      Scott

      On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
      > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
      > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
      > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
      >
      > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
      > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
      >
      > Can anyone enlighten me?
      >
      > 73's
      >
      > Matthew
      > VK5ZM

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Matthew Cook
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
        Thanks Scott,

        I'll place an order for some OTUSB's shortly.  Any ideas on when they will be back in stock?

        73's

        Matthew
        VK5ZM

        On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        Somewhere around 25 mA.

        Scott

        --
        Regards

        Matthew
        VK5ZM
        0487 653 245

      • Matthew Cook
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
          It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

          Matthew
          VK5ZM

          On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

          Idle: 12 mA
          TX: 22 mA

          Sent from my iPhone4

          On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

          Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

          73's

          Matthew
          VK5ZM

          On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
          better job at decoding.

          Scott

          On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
          > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
          > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
          > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
          > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
          >
          > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
          > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
          >
          > Can anyone enlighten me?
          >
          > 73's
          >
          > Matthew
          > VK5ZM

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
              tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Regards

          Matthew
          VK5ZM
          0487 653 245

        • caimaver
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
            Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

            - Cai /W6CAI

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
              Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
              error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
              I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
              TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
              OTUSB or T3 MCU.

              Scott

              On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
              > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
              > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
              > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
              >
              > - Cai /W6CAI

              > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
              > > better job at decoding.
              > >
              > > Scott
              > >
              > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
              > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
              > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
              > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
              > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
              > > >
              > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
              > modem)
              > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
              > > >
              > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
              > > >
              > > > 73's
              > > >
              > > > Matthew
              > > > VK5ZM

            • caimaver
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

                - Cai /W6CAI