Re: [tracker2] SMT OT+

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
      Somewhere around 25 mA.

      Scott

      On 11/8/2012 4:46 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > Quick question. What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?
      > That seems like just the ticket.
      >
      > 73's
      >
      > Matthew
      > VK5ZM
      >
      > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
      > better job at decoding.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
      > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to
      > send
      > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
      > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
      > >
      > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
      > modem)
      > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
      > >
      > > Can anyone enlighten me?
      > >
      > > 73's
      > >
      > > Matthew
      > > VK5ZM

    • Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
        Idle: 12 mA
        TX: 22 mA

        Sent from my iPhone4

        On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
        better job at decoding.

        Scott

        On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
        > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
        > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
        > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
        >
        > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
        > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
        >
        > Can anyone enlighten me?
        >
        > 73's
        >
        > Matthew
        > VK5ZM

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
            tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Matthew Cook
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
          Thanks Scott,

          I'll place an order for some OTUSB's shortly.  Any ideas on when they will be back in stock?

          73's

          Matthew
          VK5ZM

          --
          Regards

          Matthew
          VK5ZM
          0487 653 245

        • Matthew Cook
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
            It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

            Matthew
            VK5ZM

            On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

            Idle: 12 mA
            TX: 22 mA

            Sent from my iPhone4

            On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

            Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

            73's

            Matthew
            VK5ZM

            On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
            Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
            better job at decoding.

            Scott

            On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
            > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
            > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
            > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
            > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
            >
            > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
            > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
            >
            > Can anyone enlighten me?
            >
            > 73's
            >
            > Matthew
            > VK5ZM

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            --
            Regards

            Matthew
            VK5ZM
            0487 653 245

          • caimaver
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
              Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

              - Cai /W6CAI

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
                error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
                I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
                TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
                OTUSB or T3 MCU.

                Scott

                On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
                > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
                > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
                > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
                >
                > - Cai /W6CAI

                > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                > > better job at decoding.
                > >
                > > Scott
                > >
                > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
                > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
                > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                > > >
                > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
                > modem)
                > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                > > >
                > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
                > > >
                > > > 73's
                > > >
                > > > Matthew
                > > > VK5ZM

              • caimaver
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                  Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

                  - Cai /W6CAI