Re: [tracker2] SMT OT+

  • Matthew Cook
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
      Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

      73's

      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
      better job at decoding.

      Scott

      On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
      > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
      > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
      > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
      >
      > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
      > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
      >
      > Can anyone enlighten me?
      >
      > 73's
      >
      > Matthew
      > VK5ZM

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
        Somewhere around 25 mA.

        Scott

        On 11/8/2012 4:46 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > Quick question. What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?
        > That seems like just the ticket.
        >
        > 73's
        >
        > Matthew
        > VK5ZM
        >
        > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
        > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
        >
        > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
        > better job at decoding.
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
        > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to
        > send
        > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
        > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
        > >
        > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
        > modem)
        > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
        > >
        > > Can anyone enlighten me?
        > >
        > > 73's
        > >
        > > Matthew
        > > VK5ZM

      • Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
          Idle: 12 mA
          TX: 22 mA

          Sent from my iPhone4

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
            Thanks Scott,

            I'll place an order for some OTUSB's shortly.  Any ideas on when they will be back in stock?

            73's

            Matthew
            VK5ZM

            --
            Regards

            Matthew
            VK5ZM
            0487 653 245

          • Matthew Cook
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
              It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

              Matthew
              VK5ZM

              On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

              Idle: 12 mA
              TX: 22 mA

              Sent from my iPhone4

              On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

              Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

              73's

              Matthew
              VK5ZM

              On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
              better job at decoding.

              Scott

              On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
              > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
              > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
              > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
              > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
              >
              > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
              > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
              >
              > Can anyone enlighten me?
              >
              > 73's
              >
              > Matthew
              > VK5ZM

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              --
              Regards

              Matthew
              VK5ZM
              0487 653 245

            • caimaver
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

                - Cai /W6CAI

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                  Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
                  error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
                  I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
                  TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
                  OTUSB or T3 MCU.

                  Scott

                  On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
                  > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
                  > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
                  > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
                  >
                  > - Cai /W6CAI

                  > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                  > > better job at decoding.
                  > >
                  > > Scott
                  > >
                  > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                  > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                  > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
                  > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
                  > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                  > > >
                  > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
                  > modem)
                  > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                  > > >
                  > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
                  > > >
                  > > > 73's
                  > > >
                  > > > Matthew
                  > > > VK5ZM

                • caimaver
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                    Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

                    - Cai /W6CAI