Re: [tracker2] SMT OT+

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
      Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
      better job at decoding.

      Scott

      On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
      > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
      > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
      > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
      >
      > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
      > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
      >
      > Can anyone enlighten me?
      >
      > 73's
      >
      > Matthew
      > VK5ZM

    • Matthew Cook
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
        Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

        73's

        Matthew
        VK5ZM

        On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
        better job at decoding.

        Scott

        On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
        > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
        > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
        > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
        >
        > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
        > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
        >
        > Can anyone enlighten me?
        >
        > 73's
        >
        > Matthew
        > VK5ZM

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
            tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
          Somewhere around 25 mA.

          Scott

          On 11/8/2012 4:46 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
          > Quick question. What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?
          > That seems like just the ticket.
          >
          > 73's
          >
          > Matthew
          > VK5ZM
          >
          > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
          > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
          >
          > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
          > better job at decoding.
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
          > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
          > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to
          > send
          > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
          > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
          > >
          > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
          > modem)
          > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
          > >
          > > Can anyone enlighten me?
          > >
          > > 73's
          > >
          > > Matthew
          > > VK5ZM

        • Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
            Idle: 12 mA
            TX: 22 mA

            Sent from my iPhone4

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
              Thanks Scott,

              I'll place an order for some OTUSB's shortly.  Any ideas on when they will be back in stock?

              73's

              Matthew
              VK5ZM

              --
              Regards

              Matthew
              VK5ZM
              0487 653 245

            • Matthew Cook
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

                Matthew
                VK5ZM

                On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

                Idle: 12 mA
                TX: 22 mA

                Sent from my iPhone4

                On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

                Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

                73's

                Matthew
                VK5ZM

                On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                better job at decoding.

                Scott

                On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
                > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
                > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                >
                > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
                > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                >
                > Can anyone enlighten me?
                >
                > 73's
                >
                > Matthew
                > VK5ZM

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                --
                Regards

                Matthew
                VK5ZM
                0487 653 245

              • caimaver
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                  Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

                  - Cai /W6CAI

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                    Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
                    error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
                    I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
                    TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
                    OTUSB or T3 MCU.

                    Scott

                    On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
                    > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
                    > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
                    > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
                    >
                    > - Cai /W6CAI

                    > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                    > > better job at decoding.
                    > >
                    > > Scott
                    > >
                    > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                    > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                    > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
                    > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
                    > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
                    > modem)
                    > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                    > > >
                    > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
                    > > >
                    > > > 73's
                    > > >
                    > > > Matthew
                    > > > VK5ZM

                  • caimaver
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                      Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

                      - Cai /W6CAI