Re: [tracker2] SMT OT+

  • Adam Rong
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
      I even re-layout the board and add a pre-amp using MCP601T and fit into a ZTE wireless router running APRS4R as IGATE. I call it OT++ SMD and only sell it in China with permission from Scott.

      The pre-amp helps the decoding the low level signal from DATA port from mobile radios like Yaesu FT-7800R, 7900R and 8800R etc.

      Thanks,
      Adam, BD6CR/4

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
        Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
        better job at decoding.

        Scott

        On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
        > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
        > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
        > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
        > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
        >
        > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
        > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
        >
        > Can anyone enlighten me?
        >
        > 73's
        >
        > Matthew
        > VK5ZM

      • Matthew Cook
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
          Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

          73's

          Matthew
          VK5ZM

          On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
          better job at decoding.

          Scott

          On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
          > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
          > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
          > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
          > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
          >
          > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
          > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
          >
          > Can anyone enlighten me?
          >
          > 73's
          >
          > Matthew
          > VK5ZM

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
              tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
            Somewhere around 25 mA.

            Scott

            On 11/8/2012 4:46 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
            > Quick question. What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?
            > That seems like just the ticket.
            >
            > 73's
            >
            > Matthew
            > VK5ZM
            >
            > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
            > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
            >
            > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
            > better job at decoding.
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
            > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
            > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to
            > send
            > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
            > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
            > >
            > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
            > modem)
            > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
            > >
            > > Can anyone enlighten me?
            > >
            > > 73's
            > >
            > > Matthew
            > > VK5ZM

          • Suryono Adisoemarta
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
              Idle: 12 mA
              TX: 22 mA

              Sent from my iPhone4

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                Thanks Scott,

                I'll place an order for some OTUSB's shortly.  Any ideas on when they will be back in stock?

                73's

                Matthew
                VK5ZM

                --
                Regards

                Matthew
                VK5ZM
                0487 653 245

              • Matthew Cook
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                  It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

                  Matthew
                  VK5ZM

                  On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

                  Idle: 12 mA
                  TX: 22 mA

                  Sent from my iPhone4

                  On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

                  Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

                  73's

                  Matthew
                  VK5ZM

                  On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                  Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                  better job at decoding.

                  Scott

                  On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                  > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                  > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
                  > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
                  > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                  >
                  > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
                  > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                  >
                  > Can anyone enlighten me?
                  >
                  > 73's
                  >
                  > Matthew
                  > VK5ZM

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  --
                  Regards

                  Matthew
                  VK5ZM
                  0487 653 245

                • caimaver
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                    Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

                    - Cai /W6CAI

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                      Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
                      error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
                      I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
                      TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
                      OTUSB or T3 MCU.

                      Scott

                      On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
                      > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
                      > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
                      > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
                      >
                      > - Cai /W6CAI

                      > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                      > > better job at decoding.
                      > >
                      > > Scott
                      > >
                      > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                      > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                      > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
                      > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
                      > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
                      > modem)
                      > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                      > > >
                      > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
                      > > >
                      > > > 73's
                      > > >
                      > > > Matthew
                      > > > VK5ZM

                    • caimaver
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                        Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

                        - Cai /W6CAI