SMT OT+

  • Matthew Cook
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
      Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The manual doesn't talk about it at all.

      I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem) TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.

      Can anyone enlighten me?

      73's

      Matthew
      VK5ZM
    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012

        It does.
        I have one OT+ SMT imbedded inside a Linksys WRT54GL, and with just 1 cable for the mic and speaker to an old handheld IC-02AT to become a fill-in digi and igate.

        73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
          I even re-layout the board and add a pre-amp using MCP601T and fit into a ZTE wireless router running APRS4R as IGATE. I call it OT++ SMD and only sell it in China with permission from Scott.

          The pre-amp helps the decoding the low level signal from DATA port from mobile radios like Yaesu FT-7800R, 7900R and 8800R etc.

          Thanks,
          Adam, BD6CR/4

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
            Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
            better job at decoding.

            Scott

            On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
            > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
            > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
            > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
            > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
            >
            > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
            > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
            >
            > Can anyone enlighten me?
            >
            > 73's
            >
            > Matthew
            > VK5ZM

          • Matthew Cook
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
              Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

              73's

              Matthew
              VK5ZM

              On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
              better job at decoding.

              Scott

              On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
              > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
              > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
              > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
              > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
              >
              > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
              > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
              >
              > Can anyone enlighten me?
              >
              > 73's
              >
              > Matthew
              > VK5ZM

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                Somewhere around 25 mA.

                Scott

                On 11/8/2012 4:46 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                > Quick question. What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?
                > That seems like just the ticket.
                >
                > 73's
                >
                > Matthew
                > VK5ZM
                >
                > On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
                > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
                >
                > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                > better job at decoding.
                >
                > Scott
                >
                > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to
                > send
                > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
                > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                > >
                > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
                > modem)
                > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                > >
                > > Can anyone enlighten me?
                > >
                > > 73's
                > >
                > > Matthew
                > > VK5ZM

              • Suryono Adisoemarta
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                  Idle: 12 mA
                  TX: 22 mA

                  Sent from my iPhone4

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                    Thanks Scott,

                    I'll place an order for some OTUSB's shortly.  Any ideas on when they will be back in stock?

                    73's

                    Matthew
                    VK5ZM

                    --
                    Regards

                    Matthew
                    VK5ZM
                    0487 653 245

                  • Matthew Cook
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                      It just gets better and better.  Thanks !

                      Matthew
                      VK5ZM

                      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

                      Idle: 12 mA
                      TX: 22 mA

                      Sent from my iPhone4

                      On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

                      Quick question.  What's the typical current consumption of the OTUSB?  That seems like just the ticket.

                      73's

                      Matthew
                      VK5ZM

                      On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                      Yes, it's not great but it will decode.  The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                      better job at decoding.

                      Scott

                      On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                      > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                      > too) decode packets?   The product page talks about being able to send
                      > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware.  The
                      > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                      >
                      > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software modem)
                      > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                      >
                      > Can anyone enlighten me?
                      >
                      > 73's
                      >
                      > Matthew
                      > VK5ZM

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      --
                      Regards

                      Matthew
                      VK5ZM
                      0487 653 245

                    • caimaver
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                        Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor, especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.

                        - Cai /W6CAI

                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                          Yes, I've got the first batch of boards here already. There's a small
                          error on the board so it needs a very short bridge wire, but it works.
                          I still need to write some code to allow switching between RS-232 and
                          TTL polarity. The board can run on 3v or 5v and works with either the
                          OTUSB or T3 MCU.

                          Scott

                          On 11/9/2012 9:22 AM, caimaver wrote:
                          > Are there any plans to make an embeddable version of the Open Tracker
                          > USB? I'd love to see the chip from the OTUSB in the OT+ SMT form factor,
                          > especially if it had TTL serial instead of RS-232.
                          >
                          > - Cai /W6CAI

                          > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Yes, it's not great but it will decode. The OTUSB and T2/T3 series do a
                          > > better job at decoding.
                          > >
                          > > Scott
                          > >
                          > > On 11/7/2012 9:32 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
                          > > > Am I seeing things or can the OT+ hardware (possibly the SMT version
                          > > > too) decode packets? The product page talks about being able to send
                          > > > and receive 1200baud AFSK, the support page lists KISS firmware. The
                          > > > manual doesn't talk about it at all.
                          > > >
                          > > > I'm looking for a cheap way to implement a hardware (not software
                          > modem)
                          > > > TNC and the OT+ seems to fit the bill.
                          > > >
                          > > > Can anyone enlighten me?
                          > > >
                          > > > 73's
                          > > >
                          > > > Matthew
                          > > > VK5ZM

                        • caimaver
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 9, 2012
                            Outstanding! I'll be ordering one as soon as it's available. Thanks!

                            - Cai /W6CAI