Re: [tracker2] Some signals seem to frozen the OT2m...

  • Guido Tedeschi
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2012
      Thanks Scott.
      We will try your suggestions.
      73 de Guido, ik2bcp

      2012/11/6 Scott Miller <scott@...>
      It would help to know if the LEDs and the console are still responding
      when the T2 is malfunctioning.

      I don't think I've ever encountered any 'poison packets' that have
      caused anything besides an immediate reset, and all of those problems
      that I know of have been fixed, but it's at least possible.  I'd make
      sure everything you don't need is turned off, including waypoint output
      and monitor mode.

      Another thing you could try is a script that executes every hour or two
      and makes some trivial change to the configuration.  Any change that
      requires a flash write (you'll need to ping pong between two settings)
      will cause the tracker to dump the packet buffer and reset all of its
      pointers to make room in memory.  This would help rule out a memory leak
      in the packet buffer, but again, all of the known problems there have
      been fixed.

      Scott

      On 11/3/2012 3:44 AM, Guido Tedeschi wrote:
      > We have six digipeaters made with OT2m: three (IZ2FTR-11, IR2BT and
      > IR3EC) are working flawlessly, one sometimes hangs (IR2BQ) and the other
      > two (IR2BZ and IR2BR) are a real nightmare!
      > Fortunately, each digipeater TNC has remote reset capability, but, it is
      > a real nightmare: IR2BZ frozen every few hours!
      > We exchanged the TNCs without luck and there are no RF problems (IR2BR
      > is even in a lonely location without any other repeater), the only
      > difference between the six digipeaters is the covered area.
      > The three damned digipeaters cover almost the same area (IR2BR is very
      > high and covers the largest area), for this reason, my supposition is
      > that there are packets or audio signals that are like a virus for the
      > OT2m, has anyone a similar problem?
      > Unfortunately, the digis are not easily accesible and we were not yet
      > able to connect a PC and have a DUMP
      > For information, all digis are Wide, except IR2BQ and IR2BR which are
      > Fill-In; the firmware is 54476 for all digis except IR2BZ that has been
      > updated with 55076 with no luck (nothing changed and it remains the
      > worst of the group...)
      > Any idea?
      > Thanks and 73 de Guido, ik2bcp

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Guido Tedeschi
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2012
        Hi Scott,
        unfortunately, setting MONITOR OFF and WAYPOINTS OFF did not made any
        changes, because this morning both IR2BZ and IR2BR frozen (both at about
        6-6-30 GMT).
        I forgot to write one thing: sometimes, the OT2m did not frozen completely
        but it stopped receiving while continuing to send the beacons (no
        digipeating and no answer to any remote command)...
        Please advise
        73 and TNX de Guido ik2bcp

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2012
          Can you send me a copy of the configuration file for one of the units
          with this problem?

          Scott

          On 11/7/2012 1:33 AM, Guido Tedeschi wrote:
          > Hi Scott,
          > unfortunately, setting MONITOR OFF and WAYPOINTS OFF did not made any
          > changes, because this morning both IR2BZ and IR2BR frozen (both at about
          > 6-6-30 GMT).
          > I forgot to write one thing: sometimes, the OT2m did not frozen completely
          > but it stopped receiving while continuing to send the beacons (no
          > digipeating and no answer to any remote command)...
          > Please advise
          > 73 and TNX de Guido ik2bcp
          >
          > 2012/11/6 Guido Tedeschi <guidoted@... <mailto:guidoted%40gmail.com>>
          >
          > > Thanks Scott.
          > > We will try your suggestions.
          > > 73 de Guido, ik2bcp

        • buckethead_1
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2012
            I've had this same problem with the OT3m and a Nuvi 350. The freeze up only happens during volunteer events with trackers that are normally not used daily are connected to the end bike or runner. When events are not happening the OT3m and Nuvi 350 work great. No one else runs the OT2m/OT3m and Nuvi 350 in the area during events from what I've seen.