can not access configuration of my OT3m

  • kb1wxd_andrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2012
      ok i'm having an issue with my ot3m after not using it for a while.
      i'm trying to reconfigure it for a fillin relay digi and it's just blinking the two front leds red, when i try to run the otwincfg on the com port its connected to via usb. the program says "ready to connect reset tracker now" and i have no way to reset it as the com ports are set to gps and text and i don't remember what ssid i set it to in order to reset via aprs cmd.

      any help would be appriciated
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012
        It should still connect regardless. You might try connecting with
        Hyperterminal or PuTTY and sending a few control-C's in case it's in
        KISS mode - sometimes otwincfg has trouble getting it out of KISS.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012
          ok had to get a new null modem cable as the one i had got turned into a chew toy by the dog on the plus side i can now get otwincfg to connect but when i try to erase and reload the fw it gives random errors about not being able to write on some memory blocks during the flash
          and it almost always random block addresses and i also just got a weird error when trying to flash the non beta build that says something about invalid address and the address is 8000 but the valid range is 0000 to 8000 (so what gives!?)
          will continue to try and reload firmware

          > It should still connect regardless. You might try connecting with
          > Hyperterminal or PuTTY and sending a few control-C's in case it's in
          > KISS mode - sometimes otwincfg has trouble getting it out of KISS.
          >
          > Scott

        • kb1wxd_andrew
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2012
            ok got it back to working order i had to download a firmware file from the n1vg website and load it locally from the hard drive but it took and the tracker is responding normally now (yay!)