Tracker3 model T3-135

  • Ron N9SZV
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
      Where are the Tracker3 T3-135 firmware updates?Please provide a link. I have looked and cannot find them...the web site is very confusing and still has not been updated very well talk's more about the T2-135

      Confused in ILL

      Ron N9SZV
    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)

        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
          Morning Lynn!! where is this OTWINCFG Web option? the only thing I find is about the T2 and there were last updated in 2009

          Ron

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

          > I upgraded my T3-135 via the OTWINCFG Web option. It had both a
          > released and a beta version, but I don't have the actual numbers in
          > front of me.
          >
          > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T3-135 as KJ4OVQ-9
          >
          > On 10/16/2012 8:19 AM, Ron N9SZV wrote:
          > >

          > > Where are the _*Tracker3 T3-135*_ firmware updates?Please provide a
          > > link. I have looked and cannot find them...the web site is very
          > > confusing and still has not been updated very well talk's more about
          > > the T2-135
          > >
          > > Confused in ILL
          > >
          > > Ron N9SZV

        • Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
            Use the Web option in OTWINCFG , it will pick up the correct firmware .

            73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

            Sent from my iPhone4

            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
              http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG has a link "here" to
              download.

              Once you have it running and talking to your T3-135, there's a firmware
              update button or some-such down in the lower right side. There's a web
              option within that. I don't have a Tracker2-family device handy to
              connect or I'd provide a screen shot.

              Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T2-135 as KJ4ERJ-9 and T3-135 as KJ4OVQ-9, OT2m on
              the bench

              On 10/16/2012 8:33 AM, Ron N9SZV wrote:
              > Morning Lynn!! where is this OTWINCFG Web option? the only thing I find is about the T2 and there were last updated in 2009
              >
              > Ron
              >
              > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:
              >> I upgraded my T3-135 via the OTWINCFG Web option. It had both a
              >> released and a beta version, but I don't have the actual numbers in
              >> front of me.
              >>
              >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T3-135 as KJ4OVQ-9
              >>
              >> On 10/16/2012 8:19 AM, Ron N9SZV wrote:
              >>>
              >>> Where are the _*Tracker3 T3-135*_ firmware updates?Please provide a
              >>> link. I have looked and cannot find them...the web site is very
              >>> confusing and still has not been updated very well talk's more about
              >>> the T2-135
              >>>
              >>> Confused in ILL
              >>>
              >>> Ron N9SZV

            • Bob Burns W9RXR
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
                On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Ron N9SZV <n9szv@...> wrote:

                > Morning Lynn!! where is this OTWINCFG Web option? the only thing I find is
                > about the T2 and there were last updated in 2009

                First off, the wiki article for the Tracker3 is available here:

                http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OT3m

                Per the wiki, the Tracker3 manual is available here:

                http://www.argentdata.com/support/tracker3_manual.pdf

                Now, open the Tracker3 manual to page 15. This begins the instructions for
                use of OTWINCFG. On page 16 is a screen shot of OTWINCFG. About half way
                down on the right side, you will see "Load Firmware From" followed by two
                buttons: File, Web. If you run OTWINCFG while connected to the Internet and
                you click on the Web button, a screen will pop up that will list the
                available firmware files.

                Bob...
              • Ron N9SZV
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
                  Thanks Lynn...I got it!! :-)

                  Ron N9SZV

                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

                  > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OTWINCFG has a link "here" to
                  > download.
                  >
                  > Once you have it running and talking to your T3-135, there's a firmware
                  > update button or some-such down in the lower right side. There's a web
                  > option within that. I don't have a Tracker2-family device handy to
                  > connect or I'd provide a screen shot.
                  >
                  > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T2-135 as KJ4ERJ-9 and T3-135 as KJ4OVQ-9, OT2m on
                  > the bench
                  >
                  > On 10/16/2012 8:33 AM, Ron N9SZV wrote:
                  > > Morning Lynn!! where is this OTWINCFG Web option? the only thing I find is about the T2 and there were last updated in 2009
                  > >
                  > > Ron
                  > >
                  > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@> wrote:
                  > >> I upgraded my T3-135 via the OTWINCFG Web option. It had both a
                  > >> released and a beta version, but I don't have the actual numbers in
                  > >> front of me.
                  > >>
                  > >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T3-135 as KJ4OVQ-9

                • Larry Sack
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
                    T2 and T3 series use the same firmware right?
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 16, 2012
                      No. The T2, T3, and OTUSB share source code, but the compiled firmware
                      is different for each.

                      Scott

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 18, 2012
                        update I used Tracker3 beta build 56133 7/25/2012

                        I have installed the current firmware build, today thanks for all the info...can any one tell me what the current build updates?

                        Ron N9SZV

                        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Ron N9SZV" <n9szv@...> wrote:

                        > I have installed the current firmware build, today thanks for all the info...can any one tell me what the current build updates?
                        >

                        > Ron N9SZV
                        >

                        > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Bob Burns W9RXR <w9rxr_@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Ron N9SZV <n9szv@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > Morning Lynn!! where is this OTWINCFG Web option? the only thing I find is
                        > > > about the T2 and there were last updated in 2009
                        > > >

                        > > First off, the wiki article for the Tracker3 is available here:
                        > >
                        > > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=OT3m
                        > >
                        > > Per the wiki, the Tracker3 manual is available here:
                        > >
                        > > http://www.argentdata.com/support/tracker3_manual.pdf
                        > >
                        > > Now, open the Tracker3 manual to page 15. This begins the instructions for
                        > > use of OTWINCFG. On page 16 is a screen shot of OTWINCFG. About half way
                        > > down on the right side, you will see "Load Firmware From" followed by two
                        > > buttons: File, Web. If you run OTWINCFG while connected to the Internet and
                        > > you click on the Web button, a screen will pop up that will list the
                        > > available firmware files.
                        > >
                        > > Bob...

                      • Angelo Glorioso
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 20, 2014
                          Hello All,

                           A group of us in the Louisiana area started to use the Tracker3 model T3-135 as aprs digi for the sites.  The reason for the use was that it seemed simple to setup and fast.

                           I do have a couple of questions though. During one of our installs we noticed that a group of aprs operators are
                          sending out beacons of nets, repeater, and club meetings that are going beyond their local area which causes nothing but added traffic to the area.

                           We have tried the diplomat route but it seems this will not pan out so I started to look into budlist function in the
                          T3-135. To my surprise, there is non. I even went to Dayton and talked to Bob WB4APR about this and he was surprised.

                           Also after doing some testing with the T3-135 and with MFJ-1270C, we noticed that the MFJ received better. I am wondering if it is because of the narrow band mode the dr-135 needs to be in???

                          We would like to purchase 5 more of these units for additional sites but with he budlist being omitted, we are wondering if this could be added???

                          7 3 de Angelo
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 20, 2014
                            On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Angelo Glorioso n5uxt@...
                            [tracker2] <tracker2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                            > A group of us in the Louisiana area started to use the Tracker3 model
                            > T3-135 as aprs digi for the sites. The reason for the use was that it
                            > seemed simple to setup and fast.

                            The unit probably meets these goals.

                            > I do have a couple of questions though. During one of our installs we
                            > noticed that a group of aprs operators are sending out beacons of nets,
                            > repeater, and club meetings that are going beyond their local area
                            > which causes nothing but added traffic to the area.

                            That's kind of what APRS is all about. Sending information out over
                            the air. If people didn't do that, there would be no need for
                            digipeaters, or even receivers on the radios.

                            > We have tried the diplomat route but it seems this will not pan out so I
                            > started to look into budlist function in the T3-135. To my surprise, there
                            > is non. I even went to Dayton and talked to Bob WB4APR about this and
                            > he was surprised.

                            You need to try harder at educating the users. Bob shouldn't be
                            surprised that there's no BUDLIST in the OpenTracker units. He's been
                            told about that many times over. Besides, BUDLIST is not an acceptable
                            method of limiting access to the APRS network. Any and all user
                            packets should be serviced as requested by the originator. Hop limits
                            have been determined to be an appropriate way of limiting the maximum
                            number of hops supported by the APRS digipeater network.

                            > Also after doing some testing with the T3-135 and with MFJ-1270C,
                            > we noticed that the MFJ received better. I am wondering if it is because
                            > of the narrow band mode the dr-135 needs to be in???

                            I don't have a DR-135, so I can't say for sure, but if you search the
                            archives, you'll probably find messages about narrow band and the
                            DR-135. You should not have to be in narrow band mode. That will
                            overdrive the receiver causing poor decode.

                            > We would like to purchase 5 more of these units for additional sites
                            > but with he budlist being omitted, we are wondering if this could be added???

                            A BUDLIST is a bad thing... APRS is part of the amateur radio world,
                            where anyone has access to the airwaves if they hold a valid license.
                            There are a number of things you can do to keep people from using your
                            digipeater.

                            1) Remove it from service. That way these unwanted users won't be
                            using your equipment.
                            2) Move to a different frequency. The unwanted users won't be on your frequency
                            3) Remove the digipeater alias they are using from your supported aliases.
                            4) Educate the users about the operation of their station, and how to
                            be more courteous.
                            Then there's a final solution.
                            Put your digipeater on the air and allow the users to use it.

                            Bob should have told you that these repeater objects and other data
                            like nets, etc. should be sourced from the digipeaters, so they "don't
                            use up any airtime". (That's Bob's concept). By having the digipeaters
                            source the information, they have the best chance of not clobbering
                            other users, and the data can be limited to a specific area easily.

                            Sourcing objects from home stations usually requires asking for a hop
                            from a digipeater, and subsequently, the possibility of clobbering
                            another user's packet in the process. Quite often the software
                            sourcing the packets doesn't have the provisions to be able to send
                            each packet with a unique path, hence all packets no matter their
                            desired destination, end up going out over the default path.

                            Putting bandaids on the network (BUDLISTs) does nothing to solve the
                            root problem, work on educating the users about the "problem". Educate
                            EVERYONE in your area, not just the problem users. If EVERYONE
                            complains to the source of the problem, perhaps one day they might
                            listen and learn. If it's only you squeaking, you'll be the problem to
                            the guy making all the noise.

                          • n5uxt
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 22, 2014

                              > I do have a couple of

                              questions though. During one of our installs we
                              > noticed that a group of aprs operators are sending out beacons of nets,
                              > repeater, and club meetings that are going beyond their local area
                              > which causes nothing but added traffic to the area.

                              >>That's kind

                              of what APRS is all about. Sending information out over
                              >> the air.
                              If people didn't do that, there would be no need for

                              >> digipeaters,
                              or even receivers on the radios.

                              I think you are missing the point. Sending out messages out side of a city

                              service area does nothing but add unnecessary traffic to the outside

                              network. These messages should be local to the area to which the event

                              is being held.

                              > We have tried the

                              diplomat route but it seems this will not pan out so I
                              > started to look into budlist function in the T3-135. To my surprise, there
                              > is non. I even went to Dayton
                              and talked to Bob WB4APR about this and
                              > he was surprised.

                              >> You need

                              to try harder at educating the users. Bob shouldn't be
                              >> surprised
                              that there's no BUDLIST in the OpenTracker units. He's been

                              >> told about
                              that many times over. Besides, BUDLIST is not an acceptable
                              >> method of
                              limiting access to the APRS network. Any and all user
                              >> packets
                              should be serviced as requested by the originator. Hop limits
                              >> have been
                              determined to be an appropriate way of limiting the maximum
                              >> number of
                              hops supported by the APRS digipeater network.

                               So James, several emails, over 10  phone calls, APRS message to the

                              Club member ( Vice President) is as hard as I am going to go. Not sure

                              when it was the last time you talk to Bob, but he feels very differently about

                              no budlist.  It is not what we want but it is something that needs to be done

                              to control the unnecessary traffic in our area. The hop limit is what we

                              are trying to get them to change. Don't misunderstand me, it is not the messages

                              but it is the amount of hops the messages are going.

                              > Also after doing some

                              testing with the T3-135 and with MFJ-1270C,
                              > we noticed that the MFJ received better. I am wondering if it is because
                              > of the narrow band mode the dr-135 needs to be in???

                              >>  I don't have a DR-135, so I can't say for

                              sure, but if you search the
                              >> archives,
                              you'll probably find messages about narrow band and the

                              >> DR-135.
                              You should not have to be in narrow band mode. That will
                              >> overdrive
                              the receiver causing poor decode.

                              I have and that is why I am bringing  it forward again. No solution has been found.

                              > We would like to

                              purchase 5 more of these units for additional sites
                              > but with he budlist being omitted, we are wondering if this could be
                              added???

                              >> A BUDLIST

                              is a bad thing... APRS is part of the amateur radio world,
                              >> where
                              anyone has access to the airwaves if they hold a valid license.

                              >> There are
                              a number of things you can do to keep people from using your
                              >> digipeater.

                              I agree but something has to give. Why is other MFG and the UIDIGI have this feature if is it so bad ?????

                              >> 1) Remove
                              it from service. That way these unwanted users won't be
                              >>  using your equipment.
                              >>  2) Move to a different frequency. The unwanted users
                              won't be on your frequency
                              >>  3) Remove the digipeater alias they are using from
                              your supported aliases.
                              >>  4) Educate the users about the operation of their
                              station, and how to
                              >>  be more courteous.
                              >>  Then there's a final solution.
                              >>  Put your digipeater on the air and allow the users to
                              use it.

                                It is nice to see that you live in the bubble James. One shoes does not fit all.  Your above suggestions are not an option but thanks.

                              While you may think a budlist is a bandaid, this bandaid is what we need. We don’t

                              Like this method but we are left to this option.

                              73 de Angelo

                              Message 14 of 21 , May 22, 2014
                                Angelo, please read all the way through to the end before going crazy
                                on a reply! I'm not after a war, but I would like to discuss the
                                concept rationally with you. I know it's easy to get defensive and
                                read the wrong tone into issues like this... I've interspersed by
                                replies, but at the end hopefully there's enough reasoning to allow
                                you to understand what I'm trying to get across.

                                On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM, n5uxt@... [tracker2]
                                <tracker2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                > >>That's kind of what APRS is all about. Sending information out over
                                > >> the air. If people didn't do that, there would be no need for
                                > >> digipeaters, or even receivers on the radios.
                                >
                                > I think you are missing the point. Sending out messages out side of a city
                                > service area does nothing but add unnecessary traffic to the outside
                                > network. These messages should be local to the area to which the event
                                > is being held.

                                I understand fully, and endorse the concept of local information needs
                                to stay local. I push that concept daily. I get flak all the time when
                                I try to convince the balloon crews to use a zero hop path when
                                flying. There's no need at all to ask for digipeater hops from
                                anything flying over 1000 feet AGL.

                                > >> You need to try harder at educating the users.
                                >
                                > So James, several emails, over 10 phone calls, APRS message to the
                                > Club member ( Vice President) is as hard as I am going to go.

                                Were any of the emails received, phone calls answered? Did he read the
                                APRS message? Have you discussed the concept with this person, and
                                found out his reasoning behind sending the information out over the
                                distance he is sending it? I've had my fair share of "Go piss off, you
                                don't know me, and can't tell me how to run my APRS station!", type
                                you can actually sit and talk with people and get into a reasoned
                                discussion, you can sometimes get that education thing working! It can
                                be tough with some people.

                                > Not sure
                                > when it was the last time you talk to Bob, but he feels very differently about
                                > no budlist.

                                He must be flip-flopping yet again. How can a BUDLIST entry fulfill
                                the requirement of reducing the impact of a poor path selection?

                                > Don't misunderstand me, it is not the messages
                                > but it is the amount of hops the messages are going.

                                I got the concept. Without knowing who is sending the packets, I can't
                                search for them to find out the path being used.

                                Let's say that the path is WIDE2-2, and the desired area is one
                                digipeater hop away from you. You put the source callsign in your
                                digipeater BUDLIST. The packets still get sent out, they still get
                                handled by EVERY digipeater around, except yours. How does that
                                BUDLIST entry help anything except for keeping your digipeater from
                                acting on the packet?

                                Correct the source rather than band aid patch one element in the whole network.

                                > >> A BUDLIST is a bad thing...
                                >
                                > I agree but something has to give. Why is other MFG and the
                                > UIDIGI have this feature if is it so bad ?????

                                BUDLIST was in TNCs before APRS was a twinkle in Bob's eye.

                                How many entries should a BUDLIST have? If everyone starts following
                                the lead of your poor example, you're going to need an extremely large
                                BUDLIST.

                                > >> 1) Remove it from service. That way these unwanted users won't be
                                > >> using your equipment.
                                > >> 2) Move to a different frequency. The unwanted users won't be on your frequency
                                > >> 3) Remove the digipeater alias they are using from your supported aliases.
                                > >> 4) Educate the users about the operation of their station, and how to
                                > >> be more courteous.
                                > >> Then there's a final solution.
                                > >> Put your digipeater on the air and allow the users to use it.
                                >
                                > It is nice to see that you live in the bubble James. One shoes does not fit all.
                                > Your above suggestions are not an option but thanks.

                                I don't live in a bubble. I play APRS in a large network of
                                digipeaters that spans hundreds of thousands of square miles. (I run
                                about a dozen local digipeaters) I share the frequency with many other
                                users. I understand that one shoe does not fit all, which is why I
                                gave you a number of options as listed above, rather than your single
                                BUDLIST solution. Every one of the options above would work to keep
                                your digipeater from repeating these unwanted packets. All of the
                                suggestions above are indeed options... perhaps not desirable options,
                                but they are indeed options.

                                > While you may think a budlist is a bandaid, this bandaid is what we need. We don’t
                                > Like this method but we are left to this option.

                                Why is a BUDLIST the ONLY option you have?

                                How much traffic is this station putting out per hour? Is it really
                                affecting the availability of the APRS network in your area? How will
                                BUDLISTing this one station increase the availability of the APRS
                                network? Your digipeater will still be tied up listening to all the
                                packets from this source station being digipeated by other digipeaters
                                in the area, so you're not going to gain a whole lot of newly freed up
                                airtime.

                                I'm not trying to be argumentative just to start a fight, but rather
                                to try and work through the reasoning behind why BUDLIST seems to be
                                the only solution to this "problem", and what you expect to see as an
                                end result gain by implementing a BUDLIST.

                                Trust me, I have similar things happening in my area... I know what
                                you are talking about, but it's not the end of the world.

                                Have a look...

                                http://aprs.fi/info/VA6JL

                                Take a look at all of the objects... not all go out all the time, but
                                there are a bunch of repeater objects that get sent out from an i-gate
                                over RF using a path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1. They easily propagate 100
                                miles north to my area.

                                http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VE6HM-13

                                All these packets are generated and shoved into the APRS-IS stream,
                                and then gated out over RF into the network 24/7...

                                Do they need to be there? Nope. Do they degrade the network to the
                                point where no one can use that system? Nope.

                                So really, the crux of the matter is... do you REALLY need to BUDLIST
                                this one station? What will you gain?

                              • n5uxt
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 24, 2014
                                   James, I appreciate your continued drilling of what I have done or have not done, but the facts are the same. Crazy or not ( I would never use wording like crazy ) the need for this function is needed. Whether or not budlist was in the code before aprs, does not matter. It is there in the UIDIGI software.

                                  I hope you have a great day James!!

                                • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 24, 2014
                                    Just because a function is available on one platform (UIDIGI which I thought was a command in the KPC TNC series, not particularly user-oriented "software"), doesn't mean that another platform is required to implement it (the T3-135 in this case).  Different platforms have different capabilities and constraints.  Choose the one with the features you need and run with it.  Or ask for a change, but demanding a feature on a new platform just because "we had it on the old platform" won't necessarily get you satisfaction, and may be impossible to deliver.

                                    PS.  Just as an aside, do Kenwood APRS radios with internal TNC with digipeater capabilities provide a Budlist-type filter function?

                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 24, 2014

                                      I am lost here!! Where is the word DEMAND in any of my posts???

                                      Please everyone, this all started as a observation and later why it would be a good feature if you plan on using T3-135 as a standalone digi at a tower site. Maybe I am totally wrong with wanting to use a great product like the T3-135 by Argent Systems as a standalone digi.

                                       Again if the use of the word needed or should is considered a demand, I am sorry.

                                      In the words of others, might want to read the original post.

                                      Lynn, I have a better question. How many Kenwood Mobiles are being used as a permanent digi at a tower site??????

                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 24, 2014
                                        On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM, n5uxt@... [tracker2]
                                        <tracker2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                        > James, I appreciate your continued drilling of what I have done or have not done,
                                        > but the facts are the same.

                                        Sorry if you interpret my interest in your request as "drilling", I
                                        was simply attempting to discuss the issue that you are faced with,
                                        and your perceived sole solution to that issue.

                                        > Crazy or not ( I would never use wording like crazy ) the need for this
                                        > function is needed.

                                        Sorry again if you took offense to my choice of wording. There are
                                        people who get on the defensive whenever someone with a differing
                                        viewpoint engages in a discussion. No matter what is said after that,
                                        the whole conversation turns into a war of words without anyone taking
                                        the time to read the words to understand the content. Arguments are a
                                        good thing, you use them when debating a subject. Many people think
                                        somehow that an argument must mean there's a fight going on, rather
                                        than a reasoned discussion.

                                        > Whether or not budlist was in the code before aprs, does not matter.

                                        Well, it does matter for you, if you need to implement a BUDLIST as
                                        the only way to deal with your issue. You will need to chose hardware
                                        that supports BUDLIST.

                                        > It is there in the UIDIGI software.

                                        Yup, and in the Kantronics line as well. (Lynn, you're not crazy...
                                        UIDIGI is a command in the Kantronics and also the Tasco modems {which
                                        are used in the Kenwood and Alinco radios}) UIDIGI is also firmware
                                        that can be loaded into a TNC2 style TNC as well. Some people don't go
                                        to a lot of trouble to come up with good names for their software.
                                        They reuse existing acronyms, or change them slightly, which leads to
                                        confusion for those who aren't up on exactly what's out there.

                                        > I hope you have a great day James!!

                                        I hope you do as well, Angelo! I've already pulled down a TriBand HF
                                        beam and 48 foot tower for a local ham this morning, mowed the lawn,
                                        and moved the fish from the indoor tank to the outdoor fish pond. I'm
                                        hoping spring has sprung! Unfortunately my wife has about 200 more
                                        jobs hiding in wait for me...

                                        Have fun with APRS, and I hope your troublesome user takes the time to
                                        learn a little more about APRS and proper etiquette. That would be a
                                        bonus for all users in the area.

                                        Lynn, the Tasco Modem does not support a BUDLIST feature. And Angelo,
                                        there are a number of Kenwood radios that I know of that are being
                                        used as digipeaters in traditional digipeater installations. The
                                        Pacific Northwest Group around Seattle use a number of them as dual
                                        band/dual speed digipeaters. The internal TNC is configured to operate
                                        as a VHF or UHF 9k6 baud digipeater, and then they hang an external
                                        TNC off the radio and have that operate on VHF at 1k2 on 144.390. They
                                        work fairly well even though the limitations of the radio only allow
                                        for one transmitter to be keyed at a time. And then if you consider
                                        that every D710 comes out of the factory configured as a digipeater,
                                        there are literally thousands of Kenwood radios being driven around
                                        the country every day configured as a digipeater. Most users don't
                                        even realize they are running a digipeater.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 26, 2014
                                          If I do get a chance to implement it, it's not going to be a block list.
                                          My plan is to add script functions to test incoming packets for range,
                                          callsign, sector, and so forth, and make digipeating decisions based on
                                          those inputs. You could code a short script to exclude digipeating from
                                          named stations, but I'm not implementing the traditional sense of a BUDLIST.

                                          Scott

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jun 3, 2014

                                            controversy. It was not my intention. Like other have stated it is much easier to educate, but you need to be willing to listening. HI HI.

                                             Once again, thanks for your effort and help.

                                            73 de Angelo

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jun 3, 2014
                                              On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM, n5uxt@... [tracker2]
                                              <tracker2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                              > Like other have stated it is much easier to educate, but you need to
                                              > be willing to listening. HI HI.

                                              Maybe send a care package with soap and water to his house so he can
                                              clean his ears out! :)