Re: [tracker2] looking for a comprehensive list of aprs digipeaters (us based on 144.390)

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2012
      On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Gervais Fillion <ve2ckn2@...> wrote:

      > "Here's a look at digipeaters with PHG circles in the area in question"
      > :James how did you make this map?

      > ________________________________
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > From: ve6srv@...
      > Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:42:50 -0600
      > Subject: Re: [tracker2] looking for a comprehensive list of aprs
      > digipeaters (us based on 144.390)
      >

      > aprs.fi will show you the digipeaters. Go to the site, and then look on
      > the right side of the display. There are icons along the upper right edge.
      > The one under the star is a funnel. Select that, and then uncheck All
      > Stations, and put a check mark beside Digipeaters.
      >
      > You should now have a display of all the digipeaters on the map with all
      > the other stations hidden. You can't zoom far out though. Once you get far
      > enough out, you'll just get the coloured squares showing activity levels.
      >
      > In both instances, if the digipeaters are configured properly (they have
      > accurate PHG information), you can turn on the PHG circle display and get a
      > rough estimate of the coverage area of these digipeaters.

    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2012
        That's what I get for not looking closely at the map!  Yes, that map came from aprs.fi.  Here's the APRSISCE/32 view of the same area.  Not nearly so colorful...

        And that's with 1/2 size range circles representing the range within which the digi/IGate should be heard by a mobile.  The circle is double that radius for the area that the digi/IGate is likely to hear packets from another station.

        PS.  Note that the gray circle around the center of the screen is for scale based on the number in the lower left corner.  So the RADIUS of the center circle is 93.2 miles.

        To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        From: ve6srv@...
        Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:42:50 -0600
        Subject: Re: [tracker2] looking for a comprehensive list of aprs
        digipeaters (us based on 144.390)

        aprs.fi will show you the digipeaters. Go to the site, and then look on
        the right side of the display. There are icons along the upper right edge.
        The one under the star is a funnel. Select that, and then uncheck All
        Stations, and put a check mark beside Digipeaters.

        You should now have a display of all the digipeaters on the map with all
        the other stations hidden. You can't zoom far out though. Once you get far
        enough out, you'll just get the coloured squares showing activity levels.

        In both instances, if the digipeaters are configured properly (they have
        accurate PHG information), you can turn on the PHG circle display and get a
        rough estimate of the coverage area of these digipeaters.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)