I found the weather data flow ...

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2012
      I just tried different settings:

      1. Opened a Console/Terminal
      "echo -ne '\CO\xFF\xCO' > /dev/ttyS0" (I tried S4, S3, S2, S1, but only
      S0 responded properly)

      2. "Minicom -D /dev/ttyS0 -b 19200 -o"

      3. CTRL-A then z

      4. In the pop-up Menu "E" to to turn on Echo

      5. Then on blank screen (no command prompt) type TEST and received TEST
      echo.

      6. VER = Oct 25, 2010

      7. NVER = 2.14

      8. STRMON = scrolling groups of data e.g.

      0 = 80
      1 = 7
      2 = fd
      3 = 14
      4 = a9
      5 = 0
      6 = 2d
      7 = 7a

      9. STRMOFF = data display off

      There are some Perl scripts here: http://gitorious.org/davis-vantagepro

      They were suggested as potentially-useful on WXForum.net

      WDYT?

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      David Colburn nevils-station.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2012
        I am stuck ...

        Is it correct to presume that I need some step of processing between
        the data stream (see below) from the Davis VantageVue (using the
        DSI-01 serial adapter) prior to Serial Port B on the OT3m?

        After I enter this command in console/terminal

        "minicom -D /dev/ttyS0 -b 19200 -o"

        I am getting the following interaction with the DSI-01 and my
        Davis VantageVue:

        TEST = TEST

        VER = Oct 25, 2010

        NVER = 2.14

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2012
          The Tracker2 and Tracker3 use the LOOP command to get data from the
          station. I'm not sure what you're asking.

          Scott