Re: [tracker2] T3-135: USB not working

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
      > Is there a switch, on otwinconfig, to enable the USB port?
      > Any low-level method to check the USB port?

      Nope, it should just work. I'd look closely at the pins on the board
      side of the USB port. They're all tested before they ship, but
      sometimes the solder doesn't flow well under the pins and there's a
      possibility it had a bad joint and cracked when it was plugged in.

      You do need to make sure the radio is in data mode, too - otherwise the
      board won't be powered up.

      Scott
    • Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2012
        Scott,

        The board is active as it is working as a digi (configured thru the DE9 port).

        I'll double check the solder joints under the USB port.
        Can I have the schematic of T3-135? So I can check continuity end-to-end.

        Thanks, Paulus

        Sent from my iPhone4

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
        Here you go.

        Scott

        On 9/6/2012 7:44 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:
        > Scott,
        >
        > The board is active as it is working as a digi (configured thru the DE9
        > port).
        >
        > I'll double check the solder joints under the USB port.
        > Can I have the schematic of T3-135? So I can check continuity end-to-end.
        >
        > Thanks, Paulus
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone4
        >
        > On Sep 7, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
        > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> wrote:
        >
        > >> Is there a switch, on otwinconfig, to enable the USB port?
        > >> Any low-level method to check the USB port?
        > >
        > > Nope, it should just work. I'd look closely at the pins on the board
        > > side of the USB port. They're all tested before they ship, but
        > > sometimes the solder doesn't flow well under the pins and there's a
        > > possibility it had a bad joint and cracked when it was plugged in.
        > >
        > > You do need to make sure the radio is in data mode, too - otherwise the
        > > board won't be powered up.

      • Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 143 KB
        Thanks Scott,
        Very timely as I just put the USB port on the scope.
        The waveform has 4vpp, I believe this is too high (should be 800 mV p-p):
        Message 5 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
          Where are you measuring?

          The only components involved in USB support are the USB connector and
          two 33 ohm resistors. If those are all soldered properly (and the USB
          connector is the most likely failure point) it should work.

          Scott

          On 9/8/2012 8:46 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:
          > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Suryono Adisoemarta included below]
          >
          > Thanks Scott,
          > Very timely as I just put the USB port on the scope.
          > The waveform has 4vpp, I believe this is too high (should be 800 mV p-p):
          >

          > de Paulus
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone4
          >
          > On Sep 9, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Here you go.
          >>
          >> Scott
          >>
          >> On 9/6/2012 7:44 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:
          >>> Scott,
          >>>
          >>> The board is active as it is working as a digi (configured thru the DE9
          >>> port).
          >>>
          >>> I'll double check the solder joints under the USB port.
          >>> Can I have the schematic of T3-135? So I can check continuity end-to-end.
          >>>
          >>> Thanks, Paulus
          >>>
          >>> Sent from my iPhone4

        • Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 6 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
            At the USB port.

            I plug a USB cable to the Mini USB port on the board, and the scope is wired to the D+ and D- terminal at the end of the cable (I cut the USB cable to get a stable location to clip the scope probe).

            I also did a single-ended hookup, got 4.8v on one of the wire, the other is constant 500mV

            Paulus

            Sent from my iPhone4

            On Sep 9, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

            > Where are you measuring?
            >
            > The only components involved in USB support are the USB connector and
            > two 33 ohm resistors. If those are all soldered properly (and the USB
            > connector is the most likely failure point) it should work.
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > On 9/8/2012 8:46 PM, Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:
            >> [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Suryono Adisoemarta included below]
            >>
            >> Thanks Scott,
            >> Very timely as I just put the USB port on the scope.
            >> The waveform has 4vpp, I believe this is too high (should be 800 mV p-p):
            >>

            >> de Paulus
            >>
            >> Sent from my iPhone4
            >>
            >> On Sep 9, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> Here you go.
            >>>
            >>> Scott

          • Suryono Adisoemarta
            Message 7 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
            • 1 Attachment
            • 440 KB
            Here is the picture how I measure the USB port: