Re: [tracker2] Anyone know when Scott will be back?

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 5 7:09 PM
      Scott,

      The Vantage Pro2, which you said worked, is listed as a USB-only device
      - perhaps they have changed it - or someone told
      you the wrong model at some point?

      The VantageVue, which I have, is Serial.

      David

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      David Colburn nevils-station.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 5 8:49 PM
        The Vantage Pro II, can be a Serial or a USB, I have the Serial Version.
        On 9/5/2012 9:09 PM, qrv@... wrote:
        > Scott,
        >
        > The Vantage Pro2, which you said worked, is listed as a USB-only device
        > - perhaps they have changed it - or someone told
        > you the wrong model at some point?
        >
        > The VantageVue, which I have, is Serial.
        >
        > David
        >
        >> If it's USB only, then no, it won't work. The tracker can't act as a
        >> USB host.
        >>
        >> Scott
        >>
        >> On 9/5/2012 4:01 PM, qrv@... wrote:
        >>> Scott,
        >>>
        >>> The VP2 uses a USB connection - I need to know how to
        >>> connect to your Serial port.
        >>>
        >>> Do the pins and settings look similar to a Serial Davis
        >>> connection that does work with an OT3m?
        >>>
        >>> 2 TX
        >>> 3 RX
        >>> 5 GND

        --
        Ham Radio Operators KCØWNY-KDØACN Ted & Kay
      • qrv@kd4e.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 6 8:23 AM
          Teddy,

          Well then there is the answer.