Tracker 2 support for Airmail?

  • Ronny Julian
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2007
      Scott, Have you tried the Tracker 2 with the newest version of Airmail
      and the other Winlink programs? Do you have any documentation on it's
      configuration?

      I'm going to try it out myself if I can manage to finish my Rev C kit.
    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2007
        Never tried it, and I wouldn't recommend it.  The T2 doesn't have a lot of buffer space.  I'm working to improve utilization of what it does have (for the TX side - RX is pretty efficient already) but it's never been intended to handle a lot of large packets.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2007
          Another option is to get the GST-1 from Byonics:
          http://www.byonics.com/gst-1/

          It converts the rockwell binary to NMEA.

          -Brad

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

          > Never tried it, and I wouldn't recommend it. The T2 doesn't have a
          lot of
          > buffer space. I'm working to improve utilization of what it does
          have (for
          > the TX side - RX is pretty efficient already) but it's never been
          intended
          > to handle a lot of large packets.
          >
          > Scott
          >

          > _____

          Behalf
          > Of Ronny Julian
          > Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 8:46 PM
          > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [tracker2] Tracker 2 support for Airmail?
          >

          > Scott, Have you tried the Tracker 2 with the newest version of
          Airmail
          > and the other Winlink programs? Do you have any documentation on
          it's
          > configuration?
          >
          > I'm going to try it out myself if I can manage to finish my Rev C
          kit.

        • Brad Heaton
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2007
            Sorry. This was ment as a reply to a message in the OpenTracker list
            (the one about the Rockwell based Earthmate) and I didn't watch what
            my fingers were doing. My appologies for the mishap.

            -Brad

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Heaton" <brad.heaton@...>