Tracker2 with UI-View in KISS Mode

  • k0yg
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
      I'm trying to run my Tracker2 with UI-View in Kiss mode. Can someone
      tell me the exact commands I need in the KISS setup file to make it
      work?

      I can't seem to get the Tracker2 to talk with UI-View. UI-View is not
      seeing any data. There is no data coming in on the terminal screen and
      no positions are being mapped. Data is coming in and being decoded by
      the Tracker 2 because if I can see the data using Hyperterminal through
      the same port that UI-View is using just fine.

      At one time several months ago I had this working but everything has
      been reloaded since then and I can's seem to get it to work.

      There is also a good chance that I missed something else that is
      obvious...

      Thanks in advance!

      Mark
    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
        I've used one with UI-View with no particular difficulties.  I think I just set it up for KISS beforehand, though, and removed everything from the KISS setup file.  It may be that UI-View doesn't get the responses it needs, or maybe it doesn't send the carriage returns first to get it into console mode.

        One thing you might try (other than setting it to KISS yourself) is to enclose commands in /* and */, like this:

        /*AMODE KISS*/

        To put port A into KISS mode.  That eliminates the need for carriage returns, and it doesn't have to be at a command prompt.  I actually added that to support barcode readers - I've got a Symbol unit here with an RS-232 interface, and I can print out lists of configuration commands in barcode form to configure it.  You can also use it to trigger beacons, send messages, and so forth.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
          Thanks Scott,

          That did it. I found out that my documentation as old and I was using
          the wrong command.

          Mark