RE: [tracker2] OT2/OT1 Telemetry

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
      The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong channel, I'll have to check.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some files off my backup drive before I can fix it - I installed a new version of CodeWarrior the other day to work with a new HC08 variant on another project, and it uninstalled my licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't compile anything more than 16k.  I just hope I can get the two versions to coexist - last time I checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and mostly just cover templates and header files for new chips and code generating features that I don't use.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
        --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

        > The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong
        > channel,

        Thats really not a problem.. ground them all one by
        one and it will (hopefully) be found.

        I'll have to check.
        > Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some
        > files off my backup drive
        > before I can fix it - I installed a new version of
        > CodeWarrior the other day
        > to work with a new HC08 variant on another project,
        > and it uninstalled my
        > licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't
        > compile anything more than
        > 16k. I just hope I can get the two versions to
        > coexist - last time I
        > checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and
        > mostly just cover
        > templates and header files for new chips and code
        > generating features that I
        > don't use.
        Sounds like vmware/paralells or something like that
        would be your friend.

        John

      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
          Running in a VM's just going to be a pain.  More likely I'll just keep it on the workshop computer and run it through terminal services.  In fact, I might still have a working copy of it in there - that machine is what was left over after a hard drive upgrade turned into an everything-but-the-keyboard-and-mouse upgrade.

          Scott

          > The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong
          > channel,

          Thats really not a problem.. ground them all one by
          one and it will (hopefully) be found.

          I'll have to check.
          > Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some
          > files off my backup drive
          > before I can fix it - I installed a new version of
          > CodeWarrior the other day
          > to work with a new HC08 variant on another project,
          > and it uninstalled my
          > licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't
          > compile anything more than
          > 16k. I just hope I can get the two versions to
          > coexist - last time I
          > checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and
          > mostly just cover
          > templates and header files for new chips and code
          > generating features that I
          > don't use.
          Sounds like vmware/paralells or something like that
          would be your friend.

          John

          Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html

        • Jon
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
            Replying to my own post,

            I've got a student doing up graphs for me of our local
            OT2/opentrackers's, but neither of them currently have
            either the counter enabled, anything on the ADC input
            or GPS connected.

            Anyone running telemetry on any units that I could
            point him at?

            First thing we found is that we have a dodgy power
            supply.. its quite obvious when you look at the graph!

            Regards
            de John
            EI7IG