RE: [tracker2] OT2/OT1 Telemetry

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
      Sounds right.  I'd have to check the code to make sure it's all there and working, but that part was carried straight over from the OpenTracker, only changing the ADC channels reported.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
        --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

        > Sounds right. I'd have to check the code to make
        > sure it's all there and
        > working, but that part was carried straight over
        > from the OpenTracker, only
        > changing the ADC channels reported.

        Cool, the first two colums seem to be working out ok
        anyway, whatever about the rest, I'll try and verify
        visually later on this week.

        Thanks
        John

      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
          The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong channel, I'll have to check.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some files off my backup drive before I can fix it - I installed a new version of CodeWarrior the other day to work with a new HC08 variant on another project, and it uninstalled my licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't compile anything more than 16k.  I just hope I can get the two versions to coexist - last time I checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and mostly just cover templates and header files for new chips and code generating features that I don't use.

          Scott

          > Sounds right. I'd have to check the code to make
          > sure it's all there and
          > working, but that part was carried straight over
          > from the OpenTracker, only
          > changing the ADC channels reported.

          Cool, the first two colums seem to be working out ok
          anyway, whatever about the rest, I'll try and verify
          visually later on this week.

          Thanks
          John

          > Scott
          >

          > _____

          http://uk.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=44106/ *http://mail. yahoo.net/ uk

        • Jon
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
            --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

            > The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong
            > channel,

            Thats really not a problem.. ground them all one by
            one and it will (hopefully) be found.

            I'll have to check.
            > Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some
            > files off my backup drive
            > before I can fix it - I installed a new version of
            > CodeWarrior the other day
            > to work with a new HC08 variant on another project,
            > and it uninstalled my
            > licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't
            > compile anything more than
            > 16k. I just hope I can get the two versions to
            > coexist - last time I
            > checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and
            > mostly just cover
            > templates and header files for new chips and code
            > generating features that I
            > don't use.
            Sounds like vmware/paralells or something like that
            would be your friend.

            John

          • 'Scott Miller'
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
              Running in a VM's just going to be a pain.  More likely I'll just keep it on the workshop computer and run it through terminal services.  In fact, I might still have a working copy of it in there - that machine is what was left over after a hard drive upgrade turned into an everything-but-the-keyboard-and-mouse upgrade.

              Scott

              > The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong
              > channel,

              Thats really not a problem.. ground them all one by
              one and it will (hopefully) be found.

              I'll have to check.
              > Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some
              > files off my backup drive
              > before I can fix it - I installed a new version of
              > CodeWarrior the other day
              > to work with a new HC08 variant on another project,
              > and it uninstalled my
              > licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't
              > compile anything more than
              > 16k. I just hope I can get the two versions to
              > coexist - last time I
              > checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and
              > mostly just cover
              > templates and header files for new chips and code
              > generating features that I
              > don't use.
              Sounds like vmware/paralells or something like that
              would be your friend.

              John

              Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html

            • Jon
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                Replying to my own post,

                I've got a student doing up graphs for me of our local
                OT2/opentrackers's, but neither of them currently have
                either the counter enabled, anything on the ADC input
                or GPS connected.

                Anyone running telemetry on any units that I could
                point him at?

                First thing we found is that we have a dodgy power
                supply.. its quite obvious when you look at the graph!

                Regards
                de John
                EI7IG