RE: [tracker2] OT2/OT1 Telemetry

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
      Nothing's changed yet, so that should still be valid.   There's a more in-depth explanation in the OpenTracker manual.

      Scott

      I'm trying to interpred the telemetry and found an old
      post
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/opentracke r/message/ 3573

      Is this still correct or has it changed for the OT2?

      Regards
      de John
      EI7IG

      Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html

    • Jon
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
        --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

        > Nothing's changed yet, so that should still be
        > valid. There's a more
        > in-depth explanation in the OpenTracker manual.
        Doh!

        So on the OT2 (below) they are ADC7,6,5 and 5 seems to
        be floating at 5 Volts, Reading is 24.89C, 13.64
        Volts, counter is disabled, no satellites,
        configuration profile 0 and jumper is off, is that
        correct?
        EI2WCD-2>APOT2A,WIDE2-2,qAR,EI3RCW-4:T#068,152,232,255,000,000,00000000

        Thanks
        John

        > Scott
        >

        > _____

      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
          Sounds right.  I'd have to check the code to make sure it's all there and working, but that part was carried straight over from the OpenTracker, only changing the ADC channels reported.

          Scott

          > Nothing's changed yet, so that should still be
          > valid. There's a more
          > in-depth explanation in the OpenTracker manual.
          Doh!

          So on the OT2 (below) they are ADC7,6,5 and 5 seems to
          be floating at 5 Volts, Reading is 24.89C, 13.64
          Volts, counter is disabled, no satellites,
          configuration profile 0 and jumper is off, is that
          correct?
          EI2WCD-2>APOT2A, WIDE2-2,qAR, EI3RCW-4: T#068,152, 232,255,000, 000,00000000

          Thanks
          John

          > Scott
          >

          > _____

          The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html

        • Jon
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
            --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

            > Sounds right. I'd have to check the code to make
            > sure it's all there and
            > working, but that part was carried straight over
            > from the OpenTracker, only
            > changing the ADC channels reported.

            Cool, the first two colums seem to be working out ok
            anyway, whatever about the rest, I'll try and verify
            visually later on this week.

            Thanks
            John

          • 'Scott Miller'
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
              The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong channel, I'll have to check.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some files off my backup drive before I can fix it - I installed a new version of CodeWarrior the other day to work with a new HC08 variant on another project, and it uninstalled my licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't compile anything more than 16k.  I just hope I can get the two versions to coexist - last time I checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and mostly just cover templates and header files for new chips and code generating features that I don't use.

              Scott

              > Sounds right. I'd have to check the code to make
              > sure it's all there and
              > working, but that part was carried straight over
              > from the OpenTracker, only
              > changing the ADC channels reported.

              Cool, the first two colums seem to be working out ok
              anyway, whatever about the rest, I'll try and verify
              visually later on this week.

              Thanks
              John

              > Scott
              >

              > _____

              http://uk.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=44106/ *http://mail. yahoo.net/ uk

            • Jon
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
                --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

                > The extra ADC might be pulling from the wrong
                > channel,

                Thats really not a problem.. ground them all one by
                one and it will (hopefully) be found.

                I'll have to check.
                > Unfortunately I'm going to have to go pull some
                > files off my backup drive
                > before I can fix it - I installed a new version of
                > CodeWarrior the other day
                > to work with a new HC08 variant on another project,
                > and it uninstalled my
                > licensed copy of CodeWarrior 3 so now I can't
                > compile anything more than
                > 16k. I just hope I can get the two versions to
                > coexist - last time I
                > checked, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive and
                > mostly just cover
                > templates and header files for new chips and code
                > generating features that I
                > don't use.
                Sounds like vmware/paralells or something like that
                would be your friend.

                John

              • 'Scott Miller'
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
                  Running in a VM's just going to be a pain.  More likely I'll just keep it on the workshop computer and run it through terminal services.  In fact, I might still have a working copy of it in there - that machine is what was left over after a hard drive upgrade turned into an everything-but-the-keyboard-and-mouse upgrade.

                  Scott

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
                    Replying to my own post,

                    I've got a student doing up graphs for me of our local
                    OT2/opentrackers's, but neither of them currently have
                    either the counter enabled, anything on the ADC input
                    or GPS connected.

                    Anyone running telemetry on any units that I could
                    point him at?

                    First thing we found is that we have a dodgy power
                    supply.. its quite obvious when you look at the graph!

                    Regards
                    de John
                    EI7IG