Re: Proto C question

  • k9sarfrog
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
      LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
      used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
      successfully loaded firmware 54075
      used default settings

      powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
      loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

      opened otwincfg
      selected update from web

      successfully loaded 54085
      powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
      loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

      i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

      > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
      loaded,
      > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
      code. And
      > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
      somewhere.

      > Scott
      >

      > _____

      Behalf
      > Of k9sarfrog
      > Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:55 AM
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [tracker2] Re: Proto C question
      >

      > I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase.
      Then
> [...]
      > > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
      > > Subject: [tracker2] Re: Proto C question
      > >

      > > it appears that the device is not transmitting.
      > > When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
      > > when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get
      > nothing.
      > >
      > > Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
      > > 54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal
      program.

      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > s.com, "Scott
      > > Miller" <scott@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
      > > transmitting?
      > > > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
      > > >
      > > > Scott
      > > >

      > > > _____
      > > >
      > > > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > s.com
      > > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > s.com] On
      > > Behalf
      > > > Of k9sarfrog
      > > > Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 7:40 AM
      > > > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      s.com
      > > > Subject: [tracker2] Proto C question

      > > > i tried both hyperterm and CRT. And got nothing.
      > > > When I use the setup program or the firmware update, it pushes
      > > those.
      > > >
      > > > I am using a 12v 800mA powersupply. I doubt that could be the
      > > problem.
      > > >
      > > > Ideas?
      > > >
      > > > 2b. Re: Proto C question
      > > > Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@opentrac. <mailto:scott%
      > > 40opentrac.org> org
      > > > n1vg
      > > > Date: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm ((PST))
      > > >
      > > > That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are
      > you
      > > > able to
      > > > get to the command console?
      > > >
      > > > _____
      > > >
      > > > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > s.com
      > > > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > s.com] On
      > > > Behalf
      > > > Of k9sarfrog
      > > > Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:22 PM
      > > > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      s.com
      > > > Subject: [tracker2] Proto C question
      > > >
      > > > I don't think it's transmitting. I have a ICOM IC-F3 handheld.
      > > have
      > > > both the double tx/rx cable and the single.
      > > >
      > > > when i add power to the ProtoC board i get very brief green at
      > > which
      > > > point it swtiches to red.
      > > >
      > > > otwincfg is able to read/write, i grabbed the latest firmware
      > from
      > > > the
      > > > files section and uploaded it. all I did is changed the

    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
        It still enters config mode OK though, right?

        What terminal program are you using?

        Scott

        LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
        used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
        successfully loaded firmware 54075
        used default settings

        powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
        loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

        opened otwincfg
        selected update from web

        successfully loaded 54085
        powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
        loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

        i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

        > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
        loaded,
        > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
        code. And
        > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
        somewhere.

        > Scott
        >

        > _____

      • k9sarfrog
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
          config mode works through both the serial cable and the serial-to-
          serial adapter that I picked up.

          i'm using SecureCRT and hyperterm w/9600 baud N81 no hardware flow.

        • 'Scott Miller'
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
            SecureCRT works much better than hyperterm.  Try a few different baud rates, starting with 115200.

            Scott