RE: [tracker2] Re: Proto C question

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
      The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware loaded, every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader code.  And it won't do anything else.  I suppose I'd better document that somewhere.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
        LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
        used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
        successfully loaded firmware 54075
        used default settings

        powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
        loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

        opened otwincfg
        selected update from web

        successfully loaded 54085
        powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
        loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

        i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
          It still enters config mode OK though, right?

          What terminal program are you using?

          Scott

          LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
          used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
          successfully loaded firmware 54075
          used default settings

          powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
          loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

          opened otwincfg
          selected update from web

          successfully loaded 54085
          powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
          loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

          i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

          > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
          loaded,
          > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
          code. And
          > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
          somewhere.

          > Scott
          >

          > _____

        • k9sarfrog
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
            config mode works through both the serial cable and the serial-to-
            serial adapter that I picked up.

            i'm using SecureCRT and hyperterm w/9600 baud N81 no hardware flow.

          • 'Scott Miller'
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
              SecureCRT works much better than hyperterm.  Try a few different baud rates, starting with 115200.

              Scott