Re: t2-135 error
- I have gotten the t3-135 to work fine on serial and otwincfg. The t2-135 is another story. Here is the troubleshooting I have done so far.
Computer A (Hardware serial Com1)
4800 Baud: Outputs garbage (Same garbage over and over), doesn't respond to Ctrl-C
9600 Baud: Outputs garbage (Different from 4800baud, but still garbage over and over), doesn't respond to Ctrl-C
Connects but shows everything blank
Computer B (USB To Serial Cable Com3)
Same as Computer A
Doesn't connect, gets a communications error as soon as I reset the t2-135.
I am a programmer by trade and I downloaded the otwincfg from freepository and compiled in visual studio 2010 and here is what I have found out.
1. otwincfg is not able to determine the target (target array comes back blank, so devtype etc are not set)
2. Since otwincfg cannot determine target, some variables do not get set and no config is actually read from the radio.
3. Even forcing the target in code and actually trying to read data from the radio returns nothing.
4. otwincfg is not able to reset the radio, even using the garmin-mode reset code that is commented out.
I believe the hardware is fine, its just the config/firmware that is screwed up. Unfortunately, its a catch 22.
When i put the radio into data mode, the led's light up correctly. If I attach a gps reciever, the led on the t2-135 lights up correctly when recieving data from the GPS.
Thank you for your help Scott, it was most appreciated.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
> No, you have to reload it with otwincfg. There's no storage space on
> the unit for a backup copy of the firmware and configuration.
> If the T3-135 also wasn't working on serial, I'd strongly suspect your
> serial cabling or serial port.
> What happens when you use a terminal program like PuTTY rather than
> On 8/6/2012 5:54 PM, rschultz82 wrote:
> > Still cant get the t2-135 working. Is there a way to clear/reset the
> > memory on the t2-135 via a jumper or something? It's a t2-135 revision
> > 1.1 if that means anything. If not, then I am going to have to put my
> > EJ-41U back into my 2nd dr-135. Thanks to anyone that can help.
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan
> > W9UEY