Command Reference - Smart Beacon disable?

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2012
      Ok, I must be going blind, but I just searched the Tracker2 command
      manual and cannot locate a command to enable or disable smart beaconing
      outside of otwincfg. I know the checkbox is there, but is there a CMD
      that I can send to turn it on and off?

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T3-135 as KJ4ERJ-9
    • K2DMS
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2012
        An easy way to check would be to use otwincfg to enable Smart Beaconing, and then disabled while querying with the two following commands after each change.

        INTERVAL
        SMARTBCON

        Danny
        K2DMS/VA3UE

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7, 2012
            Page 18 of the manual:

            Configures SmartBeaconing. The SmartBeaconing algorithm allows the
            tracker to operate more efficiently by changing how often it transmits depending on its speed and turn rate.

            Larry
            K7YBZ
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2012
              Note how there's no mention of OFF?

              On 8/7/12, k7ybz <k7ybz@...> wrote:

              > Page 18 of the manual:

              > Configures SmartBeaconing. The SmartBeaconing algorithm allows the
              > tracker to operate more efficiently by changing how often it transmits
              > depending on its speed and turn rate.
              >
              > Larry
              > K7YBZ

              Sent from my mobile device

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7, 2012
                  Bad Scott, no treats for you.

                  I was pretty sure it was OFF, but I looked and couldn't see it.

                  I'm off in the boonies again with limited access, so I figured you'd
                  get an answer to Lynn.

                  --
                  Sent from my mobile device

                • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)