Re: [tracker2] Re: Proto C question

  • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
      After having similar problem on my Proto B board,
      I'd say to upgrade the firmware with the one on the
      web (would give you version 54075) or by clicking the
      Web button on the otwincfg (which then would give you
      version 54085).

      After reloading the firmware (either method), do
      nothing, just quit from otwincfg and directly go to
      your terminal program, power cycle, and hit enter
      several times. You should get the banner and cmd:
      prompt.

      Let me know if this helps.

      73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 19, 2007
        The LED shouldn't stay green.  That could be an indication of a clock problem.  You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader updater, right?  Did you erase the configuration as well?

        it appears that the device is not transmitting.
        When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
        when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

        Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
        54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

        > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
        transmitting?
        > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
        >
        > Scott
        >

        > _____

      • k9sarfrog
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
          I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
          did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

        • 'Scott Miller'
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
            The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware loaded, every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader code.  And it won't do anything else.  I suppose I'd better document that somewhere.

            Scott

            I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
            did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

            > The LED shouldn't stay green. That could be an indication of a
            clock
            > problem. You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader
            updater,
            > right? Did you erase the configuration as well?
            >

            > _____

          • k9sarfrog
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
              LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
              used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
              successfully loaded firmware 54075
              used default settings

              powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
              loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

              opened otwincfg
              selected update from web

              successfully loaded 54085
              powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
              loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

              i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

            • 'Scott Miller'
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                It still enters config mode OK though, right?

                What terminal program are you using?

                Scott

                LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                successfully loaded firmware 54075
                used default settings

                powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                opened otwincfg
                selected update from web

                successfully loaded 54085
                powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
                loaded,
                > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
                code. And
                > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
                somewhere.

                > Scott
                >

                > _____

              • k9sarfrog
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                  config mode works through both the serial cable and the serial-to-
                  serial adapter that I picked up.

                  i'm using SecureCRT and hyperterm w/9600 baud N81 no hardware flow.

                • 'Scott Miller'
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                    SecureCRT works much better than hyperterm.  Try a few different baud rates, starting with 115200.

                    Scott