Re: Proto C question

  • k9sarfrog
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
      it appears that the device is not transmitting.
      When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
      when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

      Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
      54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

      > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
      transmitting?
      > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
      >
      > Scott
      >

      > _____

      Behalf
      > Of k9sarfrog
      > Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 7:40 AM
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [tracker2] Proto C question

      > i tried both hyperterm and CRT. And got nothing.
      > When I use the setup program or the firmware update, it pushes
      those.

      > I am using a 12v 800mA powersupply. I doubt that could be the
      problem.

      > Ideas?
      >
      > 2b. Re: Proto C question
      > Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@opentrac. <mailto:scott%
      40opentrac.org> org
      > n1vg
      > Date: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm ((PST))
      >
      > That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are you
      > able to
      > get to the command console?
      >
      > _____
      >
      > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
      > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      s.com] On
      > Behalf
      > Of k9sarfrog
      > Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:22 PM
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
      > Subject: [tracker2] Proto C question
      >
      > I don't think it's transmitting. I have a ICOM IC-F3 handheld. I
      have
      > both the double tx/rx cable and the single.
      >
      > when i add power to the ProtoC board i get very brief green at
      which
      > point it swtiches to red.
      >
      > otwincfg is able to read/write, i grabbed the latest firmware from
      > the
      > files section and uploaded it. all I did is changed the callsign,
      and
      > switch it to a fixed position.
      >
      > Any suggestions on next step?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Chris
      > K9RMA

    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
        After having similar problem on my Proto B board,
        I'd say to upgrade the firmware with the one on the
        web (would give you version 54075) or by clicking the
        Web button on the otwincfg (which then would give you
        version 54085).

        After reloading the firmware (either method), do
        nothing, just quit from otwincfg and directly go to
        your terminal program, power cycle, and hit enter
        several times. You should get the banner and cmd:
        prompt.

        Let me know if this helps.

        73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 19, 2007
          The LED shouldn't stay green.  That could be an indication of a clock problem.  You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader updater, right?  Did you erase the configuration as well?

          it appears that the device is not transmitting.
          When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
          when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

          Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
          54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

          > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
          transmitting?
          > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
          >
          > Scott
          >

          > _____

        • k9sarfrog
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
            I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
            did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

          • 'Scott Miller'
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
              The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware loaded, every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader code.  And it won't do anything else.  I suppose I'd better document that somewhere.

              Scott

              I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
              did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

              > The LED shouldn't stay green. That could be an indication of a
              clock
              > problem. You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader
              updater,
              > right? Did you erase the configuration as well?
              >

              > _____

            • k9sarfrog
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                successfully loaded firmware 54075
                used default settings

                powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                opened otwincfg
                selected update from web

                successfully loaded 54085
                powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

              • 'Scott Miller'
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                  It still enters config mode OK though, right?

                  What terminal program are you using?

                  Scott

                  LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                  used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                  successfully loaded firmware 54075
                  used default settings

                  powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                  loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                  opened otwincfg
                  selected update from web

                  successfully loaded 54085
                  powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                  loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                  i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                  > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
                  loaded,
                  > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
                  code. And
                  > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
                  somewhere.

                  > Scott
                  >

                  > _____

                • k9sarfrog
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                    config mode works through both the serial cable and the serial-to-
                    serial adapter that I picked up.

                    i'm using SecureCRT and hyperterm w/9600 baud N81 no hardware flow.

                  • 'Scott Miller'
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                      SecureCRT works much better than hyperterm.  Try a few different baud rates, starting with 115200.

                      Scott