Re: [tracker2] T3-135 internal TNC board

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2012
      Great, thanks for the answers.  I've had the T3-135 running as KJ4ERJ-9 mobile since last Saturday.  It'll be driving out of immediate access this coming Monday, so I'll see what I can accomplish with it in the meantime.

      On 8/2/2012 1:56 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
      TEXT mode isn't fully working yet.  You can use CONVERSE mode or watch the MONITOR output.

      You'll put port A in Garmin mode.  USB isn't A or B, the only mode setting for it is USBKISS to put it in KISS mode.

      I route the cable out by bending the tab on the lid that goes over the speaker jack.

      Scott

      On 7/28/2012 6:02 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      Just received mine yesterday and plugged it in last night. I was going
      to post a few questions, so thanks for the opening.

      It's been a while since I've had one of these on the bench. Is there a
      way to see the received packets with the PC port in TEXT mode? It
      transmits what I type, but doesn't show what's received.

      I've been running it in KISS all night and it's doing acceptably well as
      compared to a TinyTrak 4/HT combination with an antenna lower down my
      tower (the T3-135 has the big one on top, which in some cases is a
      disadvantage).

      I'm assuming I can still hook up my Nuvi 350 out the back connector on
      the Alinco, but which port do I put to Garmin mode? A or B?

      The USB port is which, A or B? And I'm hoping/assuming that it can be
      in KISS while the rear port is still running the Nuvi in Garmin mode?

      Has anyone routed the USB adapter cable out of the radio, and if so, any
      good hints available?

      PS. I'm using the T3-135 internal to simplify the trunk installation of
      KJ4ERJ-9 which used to be an external OT2m and 5v power adapter velcro'd
      together. One fewer piece, and many fewer wires will hopefully be more
      reliable as stuff is tossed into the trunck.