Tracker Internal vs External?

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
      I have an ADS-SR1 that I am not using - anyone interested?

      I have need of a Tracker for my DR-135T.

      I'd prefer a Tracker 3 internal but don't see one listed,
      is one available or is the Internal only a Tracker 2 for
      the foreseeable future?

      Since this is a base rather than mobile app the Tracker 3
      External would be fine if necessary.

      I'd like to connect my Davis Vantage Vue weather station
      and also send myself and APRS message if my home alarm has
      been triggered.

      Is that easier with the Tracker 3 vs the Tracker 2?

      Is there any difference between Internal and External for
      such apps?

      Thanks!

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      David Colburn nevils-station.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
        I can't say which would be better/easier for your purpose, but I just
        ordered the T2-135 and received the T3-135 as I expected. It's
        undergoing break-in testing as KJ4ERJ-9 paired with a Nuvi 350. I
        didn't see many connections on the board and I'd think it would be
        difficult to route the connections out of the box, so I'm thinking the
        external OT3m might be a better choice for weather and digital telemetry
        inputs.