Re: [tracker2] Re: Non Responding Proto B

  • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13 5:30 AM
      Scott Miller wrote:
      > Try loading the firmware with the erase/reload configuration option.
      > Maybe your config got corrupted somehow.

      Thanks Scott, that did resolve the problem.

      Here are the steps that I took (that some of them are unnecessary):

      - I put a checkmark on "Erase device and load new firmware" AND also on
      the Disable Turbo option (just to make sure)

      - after finished loading new firmware, I did not configure anything,
      just hit Quit
      - Light turns from GREEN to briefly RED then nothing
      - launch Tera Term Pro, and hit several times the enter key
      and got nothing
      then I power cycle, and hit enter several times again, now I got the
      Argent Data banner and cmd: prompt
      Hurray! problem solved

      - now back to otwincfg, to upgrade the firmware to 54085 using the web
      button,
      and again I just quit after loading the firmware (no config).
      Console is still working fine.

      - Now time to configure using otwincfg, to put the correct callsign etc.
      And the board is still doing fine.

      So, yesterday's problem was probably only a 'glitch' due to corrupted
      firmware?

      Woohoo, off to exploring this new neat toy.

      de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX