RE: [tracker2] Re: Non Responding Proto B

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2007
      Try loading the firmware with the erase/reload configuration option.  Maybe your config got corrupted somehow.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2007
        Ok, will do in a couple of hours.

        Meanwhile, here are 2 screen captures that I took last
        night of the 2 profiles. The one without JP7 would
        give a dead LED, and the one with JP7 is a slow
        blinking RED.

        73 de Paulus

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
          Scott Miller wrote:
          > Try loading the firmware with the erase/reload configuration option.
          > Maybe your config got corrupted somehow.

          Thanks Scott, that did resolve the problem.

          Here are the steps that I took (that some of them are unnecessary):

          - I put a checkmark on "Erase device and load new firmware" AND also on
          the Disable Turbo option (just to make sure)

          - after finished loading new firmware, I did not configure anything,
          just hit Quit
          - Light turns from GREEN to briefly RED then nothing
          - launch Tera Term Pro, and hit several times the enter key
          and got nothing
          then I power cycle, and hit enter several times again, now I got the
          Argent Data banner and cmd: prompt
          Hurray! problem solved

          - now back to otwincfg, to upgrade the firmware to 54085 using the web
          button,
          and again I just quit after loading the firmware (no config).
          Console is still working fine.

          - Now time to configure using otwincfg, to put the correct callsign etc.
          And the board is still doing fine.

          So, yesterday's problem was probably only a 'glitch' due to corrupted
          firmware?

          Woohoo, off to exploring this new neat toy.

          de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX