Having problems with T2-135 and RMS Express

  • don_ka9rxk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2012
      Has anyone successfully used RMS Express with their Alinco DR-135 and T2-135? I keep trying to make mine work, but it always gets locked up at the same point:

      *** Opening serial port COM1; 4800 baud; TNC-X
      *** KISS TNC TNC-X initialized
      *** Connection pending
      *** Connected to K9DRH-10
      Welcome to the K9DRH RMS Packet gateway
      [WL2K-2.7.3.3-B2FWIHJM$]
      ;PQ: 90211959
      SanDiego CMS via K9DRH-10 >
      [RMS Express-1.1.9.0-B2FHM$]
      ;PR: 49129962
      ; K9DRH-10 DE KA9RXK (EN52XA)
      FC EM P194BWF0XTIX 221 199 0
      F> 86

      The T2-135 is operating in KISS mode, and per the RMS Express instructions, I have selected TNC-X for a TNC that is always in KISS mode.

      Thanks in advance!
      -Don KA9RXK
      Schaumburg, IL
    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2012
        I havent used RMS Express but use airmail a lot. I wonder if a binary pattern is triggering something on the T2-135 or radio to put it into a wierd mode. Can you turn off compression/binary files in RMS Express and try it again. It appears that the ascii connections is working but when it gets to the message it hangs. Could be a binary issue. I know the Kenwood D700's had some issues like that in the beginning if I remember correctly.
        Dennis