Re: [tracker2] T2-301 and Lithium-poly Battery

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
      On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:
      You may find it easier to start with a 2-Cell LiPO pack

      OK, I'll go ahead and split the difference for ya:  A 3 cell pack is 11.1V nominal ~12.5V fully charged, which is within the input range of the xx-301 with no external regulation (which, according to my calculations, is 100% conversion efficiency).

      :)

      Seriously, if you use a lipo you want to watch the voltage, whatever the cell count, so that you can power down before you reach cell damage levels.  But, if you had a lipo lying around, you've probably already heard about that.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv