Re: [tracker2] GPS Quality as displayed on aprs.fi

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2012
      In Garmin binary mode (including FMI) it's not getting the same HDOP/SATS info from the GPS receiver.  Instead, it gets Garmin's proprietary 'estimated position error' and reports that instead.  It should be in meters.

      Scott

      On 6/15/2012 12:56 PM, ka8nyu wrote:

      Anyone know what the "EPE012" and "EPE005" mean, as reported by aprs.fi?
      I found this in the manual but cant seem to 'dig' out what portion is HDOP and which is # sats in use... Are we using 12 sats on the first one? What then of the "horizontal dilution of precision information as reported by the GPS receiver" portion?

      "GPS Quality â€" Report number of satellites in use and horizontal dilution of precision information as reported by the GPS receiver."

      Perhaps I am missing the obvious... (?)