GPS Quality as displayed on aprs.fi

  • ka8nyu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2012
      Anyone know what the "EPE012" and "EPE005" mean, as reported by aprs.fi?
      I found this in the manual but cant seem to 'dig' out what portion is HDOP and which is # sats in use... Are we using 12 sats on the first one? What then of the "horizontal dilution of precision information as reported by the GPS receiver" portion?

      "GPS Quality â€" Report number of satellites in use and horizontal dilution of precision information as reported by the GPS receiver."

      Perhaps I am missing the obvious... (?)