Re: [tracker2] Software question

  • Stephen Brown Jr
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi Graham,
           I believe Scott is shipping these with them already programmed, it may just not be the latest version, that is how mine was when I received it. I don't think you need to use the otwincfg-dual program, not sure what the intended use is for that, Scott could probably answer that for us better than I can. I believe the latest firmware is listed under the files section of the group.

      Hope that helps, enjoy your OT2, it's a great product.

      73's
      Stephen
      N1VLV

      On 2/7/07, g4gun < g4gun@...> wrote:

      Hi, I'm about to finish building the OT2 kit and have a question
      regaring the software. Has the micro already got the bootloader
      programmed? If not the presumably I've got to program it with the
      bootloader.s19 and then use the otwincfg-dual.exe program to load the
      ot2.s19 file.
      Thanks
      Graham

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
        It's pre-programmed with the bootloader and the regular firmware.  Should be ready to run.  Don't use otwincfg-dual, though - use the standard otwincfg.exe program.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
          Thanks Scott and Stephen.
          I finished building the OT2 and the otwincfg.exe file worked first
          time. Now off to configure and try it out. Thanks.
          73 Graham

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, scott@... wrote:

          > It's pre-programmed with the bootloader and the regular firmware.
          Should be ready to run. Don't use otwincfg-dual, though - use the
          standard otwincfg.exe program.

          > Scott
          > _____

        • Wes Freeman
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
            Hi Graham,

            I received my OT2 kit last December, and the micro was already
            programmed with build 54085. Just power it up and go!

            FWIW, otwincfg-dual.exe didn't work for me so I used otwincfg.exe
            with 'turbo' turned off.

            Hope this helps,

            Wes Freeman
            KG6POV