Alinco DR-135 speaker "clicks" in data mode

  • don_ka9rxk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2012
      Hello group,

      I have an Alinco DR-135 that makes clicking sounds when in data mode. Even though the speaker is muted, these clicks come each time the squelch closes after receiving a signal.

      I have tried researching this issue, but can't find any info on it. Is this common with other Alincos?

      -Don KA9RXK
      Schaumburg, IL
    • W3PMK@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 11, 2012
        My DR-135 does that as well. I turn the volume down to eliminate the noise. I don’t believe it affects the performance of the radio while in data mode.

        Paul w3pmk

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11, 2012
          Mine does that even with the volume turned down; I'm used to it now!

          Mike N5UKZ
          Baton Rouge, LA

          On 6/11/2012 3:36 PM, W3PMK@... wrote:

          > My DR-135 does that as well. I turn the volume down to eliminate the
          > noise. I don’t believe it affects the performance of the radio while
          > in data mode.
          >
          > Paul w3pmk

        • Pete Lilja
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 11, 2012
            The same for me, too.

            Pete
            KC0GPB

              --
              KC0WNY - Ted

            • Richard Bauer
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 12, 2012
                same here.

                73,
                rich, n9dko
                www.bananaboatbytes.com
                As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the
                wrong way...