323 to TTL

  • Bruce W. Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2012
      Since there is no SSTVcam forum yet I thoughtI might ask the question here in case there is anyone using the SSTVcam on this forum.
      What are you using for RS232 to 3.3v TTL to program the text on the SSTVcam?
      Most of the max232 chips seem to be 5v only. Some kits and cables say something like "Factory Set for +3.3V CMOS drive outputs and 5V safe TTL inputs". Is that safe to use in this case?
      Working through this project with Scott's help but did not want to keep bothering him with every question. May need to get an account on the Argent wiki so I can add some helpful hints when I get this project working.

      --
      Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
      Mt. Juliet, TN

    • Jason KG4WSV
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2012
        On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Bruce W. Martin <yahoo@...> wrote:
        Most of the max232 chips seem to be 5v only.

        The MAX3232 is a drop in replacement for the MAX232 that works on 3V to 5V.  Nice if you happen to have a PCB set up for the 232, but want to run it at 3.3V.

        -Jason
        kg4wsv