Software question

  • g4gun
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi, I'm about to finish building the OT2 kit and have a question
      regaring the software. Has the micro already got the bootloader
      programmed? If not the presumably I've got to program it with the
      bootloader.s19 and then use the otwincfg-dual.exe program to load the
      ot2.s19 file.
      Thanks
      Graham
    • Stephen Brown Jr
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
        Hi Graham,
             I believe Scott is shipping these with them already programmed, it may just not be the latest version, that is how mine was when I received it. I don't think you need to use the otwincfg-dual program, not sure what the intended use is for that, Scott could probably answer that for us better than I can. I believe the latest firmware is listed under the files section of the group.

        Hope that helps, enjoy your OT2, it's a great product.

        73's
        Stephen
        N1VLV

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
          It's pre-programmed with the bootloader and the regular firmware.  Should be ready to run.  Don't use otwincfg-dual, though - use the standard otwincfg.exe program.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
            Thanks Scott and Stephen.
            I finished building the OT2 and the otwincfg.exe file worked first
            time. Now off to configure and try it out. Thanks.
            73 Graham

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, scott@... wrote:

            > It's pre-programmed with the bootloader and the regular firmware.
            Should be ready to run. Don't use otwincfg-dual, though - use the
            standard otwincfg.exe program.

            > Scott
            > _____

          • Wes Freeman
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
              Hi Graham,

              I received my OT2 kit last December, and the micro was already
              programmed with build 54085. Just power it up and go!

              FWIW, otwincfg-dual.exe didn't work for me so I used otwincfg.exe
              with 'turbo' turned off.

              Hope this helps,

              Wes Freeman
              KG6POV