Newbie: DR-135 MKIII / T2-135 / Nuvi 350 / FMI Cable

  • don_ka9rxk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
      Greetings,

      I am trying to make this set-up work for me for the first time, and I am having lots of trouble with it. I have got everything hooked up and communicating with each other, however the Nuvi 350 won't display received call signs in the favorites list, nor display them on the map. It will send and receive messages properly, but refuses to display received stations.

      I would sure appreciate some help on what version firmware I should be using in my T2-135, as well as the proper parameters to make all of this work properly. I am using firmware version 55076 in the T2-135.

      BTW . . . my Nuvi 350 has software version 6.20 in it if that makes a difference?!?!

      -Don KA9RXK
      Schaumburg, IL
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012
        Don KA9RXK wrote...

        > the Nuvi 350 won't display received call signs in the favorites list,
        > nor display them on the map. It will send and receive messages
        > properly, but refuses to display received stations.

        Do you have the T2-135 set up to output waypoints to the GPS?
        You can do this in a terminal program, with otwincfg or by even
        sending an APRS message to it if you have it configured to accept
        commands from your callsign... or if you are using the password
        feature.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      • don_ka9rxk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2012
          Yes "WAYPOINTS" is set to "ON", however the Nuvi 350 doesn't display call signs in the favorites list, or display received stations on the map.

          -Don KA9RXK

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2012
            Do you have the 'dispatch' menu in the nuvi? Have you checked to see
            that the nuvi's software is up to date?

            Scott