Re: [tracker2] Re: nuvi 350/ kenwood tmd710

    Message 1 of 5 , May 20, 2012
      The Garmin cable contains only a level shifter, and connects the nuvi to a device that understands the FMI protocol - which for APRS means the Tracker2 or Tracker3.  For the TM-D710 you'll need the GTRANS-KW cable, which has a protocol translator built in and will let the radio talk to the nuvi.  If you ordered the cable from us, you can send it back for a credit toward the correct cable.

      Scott

      On 5/20/2012 5:28 PM, Paul H Linkous wrote:

      I have Garmin Part number#010-10813-00
      That is what my setup came with.
      I have wired it according to the info that I got with the cable/gps and that came with my  tmd710.
      made the changes in my kenwood under settings/aprs. and still nothing.
      I am going to order the gtrans cable next week hope that will help.

      On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM, seerdman <seerdman@...> wrote:

      Either the wrong one was shipped or ordered. What did you order?
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "plinkous2000" <n8phl@...> wrote:

      > I just picked up an 350 today and I got the cable that was suppose work with the td710.
      > However there is only one issue it does not have a end that goes directly to the radio.
      > Any ideas.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: