Rough Time Line for production units and feature request.

  • Sean Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2007
      Hi Scott,
      What's your rough time line for production units?

      Secondly I realise your probaly running out of room for more
      programing on the chip but what are the chances of implamenting
      something similar to Kantronics KA-Node? Our network once complete
      will span roughly 400km (250 miles)of the Mackenzie Highway and will
      be the only power backed up digital network along the highway. So for
      ARES callouts having that functionality would be a great asset.

      Sean
      VE6SAR
      Mackenzie Highway APRS Network Co-ordinator
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2007
        Still working on getting production set up for the T2-135 units, since they're the simplest.  I hesitate to provide a firm timeline right now - I still don't know what the production schedule is going to be, and I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks, doing some consulting out at Cape Canaveral.

        The T2 won't have any AX.25 connected mode capability, and no conventional mailbox support.  Not any time in the near future, anyway.  Not enough program space, and not enough time to develop it.  Maybe in the next project.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 2007
          Scott, have you finalized the schematic for the production units yet?
          I'm looking to make a board to fit inside a GE radio, just
          wondering how close the Proto-C schematic may be to the production units.

          Thanks,
          Dale

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

          > Still working on getting production set up for the T2-135 units, since
          > they're the simplest. I hesitate to provide a firm timeline right
          now - I
          > still don't know what the production schedule is going to be, and
          I'm going
          > to be out of town for a couple of weeks, doing some consulting out
          at Cape
          > Canaveral.
          >
          > The T2 won't have any AX.25 connected mode capability, and no
          conventional
          > mailbox support. Not any time in the near future, anyway. Not enough
          > program space, and not enough time to develop it. Maybe in the next
          > project.
          >
          > Scott
          >

          > _____

          Behalf
          > Of Sean Smith
          > Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:44 PM
          > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [tracker2] Rough Time Line for production units and feature
          > request.
          >

          > Hi Scott,
          > What's your rough time line for production units?
          >
          > Secondly I realise your probaly running out of room for more
          > programing on the chip but what are the chances of implamenting
          > something similar to Kantronics KA-Node? Our network once complete
          > will span roughly 400km (250 miles)of the Mackenzie Highway and will
          > be the only power backed up digital network along the highway. So for
          > ARES callouts having that functionality would be a great asset.
          >
          > Sean
          > VE6SAR
          > Mackenzie Highway APRS Network Co-ordinator

        • 'Scott Miller'
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2007
            I need to fix the filters I added to the Proto D board.  Managed to really hose things up there.

            Scott

            Scott, have you finalized the schematic for the production units yet?
            I'm looking to make a board to fit inside a GE radio, just
            wondering how close the Proto-C schematic may be to the production units.

            Thanks,
            Dale

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

            > Still working on getting production set up for the T2-135 units, since
            > they're the simplest. I hesitate to provide a firm timeline right
            now - I
            > still don't know what the production schedule is going to be, and
            I'm going
            > to be out of town for a couple of weeks, doing some consulting out
            at Cape
            > Canaveral.
            >
            > The T2 won't have any AX.25 connected mode capability, and no
            conventional
            > mailbox support. Not any time in the near future, anyway. Not enough
            > program space, and not enough time to develop it. Maybe in the next
            > project.
            >
            > Scott
            >

            > _____

          • Ian ZL1VFO
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 20, 2007
              Oh? How so? Just curious...
              I do have a shareware (I think, haven't used it for a while) program
              that designs various sorts of filters - Op-amp, RC, LC, Transmission
              line (Stub), and a few others, that might help with this...

              -Ian ZL1VFO

              > Posted by: "'Scott Miller'" scott@... n1vg
              > Date: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:53 pm ((PST))

              > I need to fix the filters I added to the Proto D board. Managed to really
              > hose things up there.

              http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
            • 'Scott Miller'
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 21, 2007
                Still trying to figure that out.  The worst is the output filter, which isn't even strictly necessary.  I just wanted it there in case I want to experiment with higher speed modes where you might not be able to count on the radio filtering out the PWM artifacts.  I've got some filter designing software, too (plus LTSpice for simulation) but I think I modeled the problem incorrectly.  I think I also made a boneheaded mistake on the input filter and put the diode limiter in the wrong place.

                Scott