T3-301 & Nuvi 350 not working?

  • Jeff Gustafson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2012
      Hi all,
      I recently purchased a T3-301. So far everything has been working fine.
      I thought I might up things a bit and I decided to pick up a Nuvi 350 on eBay. I purchased the FMI cable for the T3 (no GTRANS). When I plugged the Nuvi 350 into the T3, it goes into FMI mode. I can send commands like "--ver" and "--abaud" and the T3 responds. Unfortunately, it only works for a few minutes and the Nuvi thinks it cannot talk to the T3 anymore. It puts up a little graphic in the upper right hand corner noting the connection to the T3 is not working.
      I set the amode to garmin. For good measure, I also set the bmode to garmin and attached the Nuvi 350 to the serial splitter cable.
      Any idea why the Nuvi would stop talking to the T3?

      ...Jeff
      KF6NMZ