RE: [tracker2] Proto C question

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
      Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem?  It's not transmitting?  I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.

      Scott

      Date: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm ((PST))

      That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are you
      able to
      get to the command console?

      _____

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
        it appears that the device is not transmitting.
        When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
        when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

        Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
        54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

        > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
        transmitting?
        > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
        >
        > Scott
        >

        > _____

        Behalf
        > Of k9sarfrog
        > Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 7:40 AM
        > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [tracker2] Proto C question

        > i tried both hyperterm and CRT. And got nothing.
        > When I use the setup program or the firmware update, it pushes
        those.

        > I am using a 12v 800mA powersupply. I doubt that could be the
        problem.

        > Ideas?
        >
        > 2b. Re: Proto C question
        > Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@opentrac. <mailto:scott%
        40opentrac.org> org
        > n1vg
        > Date: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm ((PST))
        >
        > That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are you
        > able to
        > get to the command console?
        >
        > _____
        >
        > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
        > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
        s.com] On
        > Behalf
        > Of k9sarfrog
        > Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:22 PM
        > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
        > Subject: [tracker2] Proto C question
        >
        > I don't think it's transmitting. I have a ICOM IC-F3 handheld. I
        have
        > both the double tx/rx cable and the single.
        >
        > when i add power to the ProtoC board i get very brief green at
        which
        > point it swtiches to red.
        >
        > otwincfg is able to read/write, i grabbed the latest firmware from
        > the
        > files section and uploaded it. all I did is changed the callsign,
        and
        > switch it to a fixed position.
        >
        > Any suggestions on next step?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Chris
        > K9RMA

      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
          After having similar problem on my Proto B board,
          I'd say to upgrade the firmware with the one on the
          web (would give you version 54075) or by clicking the
          Web button on the otwincfg (which then would give you
          version 54085).

          After reloading the firmware (either method), do
          nothing, just quit from otwincfg and directly go to
          your terminal program, power cycle, and hit enter
          several times. You should get the banner and cmd:
          prompt.

          Let me know if this helps.

          73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

          Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
        • 'Scott Miller'
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 19, 2007
            The LED shouldn't stay green.  That could be an indication of a clock problem.  You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader updater, right?  Did you erase the configuration as well?

            it appears that the device is not transmitting.
            When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
            when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

            Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
            54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

            > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
            transmitting?
            > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
            >
            > Scott
            >

            > _____

          • k9sarfrog
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
              I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
              did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

            • 'Scott Miller'
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
                The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware loaded, every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader code.  And it won't do anything else.  I suppose I'd better document that somewhere.

                Scott

                I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
                did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

                --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                > The LED shouldn't stay green. That could be an indication of a
                clock
                > problem. You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader
                updater,
                > right? Did you erase the configuration as well?
                >

                > _____

              • k9sarfrog
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                  LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                  used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                  successfully loaded firmware 54075
                  used default settings

                  powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                  loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                  opened otwincfg
                  selected update from web

                  successfully loaded 54085
                  powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                  loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                  i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                • 'Scott Miller'
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                    It still enters config mode OK though, right?

                    What terminal program are you using?

                    Scott

                    LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                    used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                    successfully loaded firmware 54075
                    used default settings

                    powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                    loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                    opened otwincfg
                    selected update from web

                    successfully loaded 54085
                    powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                    loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                    i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                    --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                    > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
                    loaded,
                    > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
                    code. And
                    > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
                    somewhere.

                    > Scott
                    >

                    > _____

                  • k9sarfrog
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                      config mode works through both the serial cable and the serial-to-
                      serial adapter that I picked up.

                      i'm using SecureCRT and hyperterm w/9600 baud N81 no hardware flow.

                    • 'Scott Miller'
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                        SecureCRT works much better than hyperterm.  Try a few different baud rates, starting with 115200.

                        Scott