Re: Proto C question

  • k9sarfrog
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 2006
      I'm going from the proto-board to null modem serial connector
      straight into serial port for the computer. I can flash the firmware
      and save settings with otwincfg.exe.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "k0yg" <mpatton5280@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > If you are using a USB serial port adapter, you might try
      connecting
      > directly to the serial port on the PC. I've had my USB adapters
      > cause issues like this.
      >
      > Mark
      >

      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "k9sarfrog" <both@> wrote:

      > > i tried both hyperterm and CRT. And got nothing.
      > > When I use the setup program or the firmware update, it pushes
      > those.
      > >
      > > I am using a 12v 800mA powersupply. I doubt that could be the
      > problem.
      > >
      > > Ideas?
      > >
      > > 2b. Re: Proto C question
      > > Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@ n1vg
      > > Date: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm ((PST))
      > >
      > > That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are
      > you
      > > able to
      > > get to the command console?
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com]
      On

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
        Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem?  It's not transmitting?  I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.

        Scott

        Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@opentrac. org n1vg

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
          it appears that the device is not transmitting.
          When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
          when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

          Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
          54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

          > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
          transmitting?
          > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
          >
          > Scott
          >

          > _____

        • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
            After having similar problem on my Proto B board,
            I'd say to upgrade the firmware with the one on the
            web (would give you version 54075) or by clicking the
            Web button on the otwincfg (which then would give you
            version 54085).

            After reloading the firmware (either method), do
            nothing, just quit from otwincfg and directly go to
            your terminal program, power cycle, and hit enter
            several times. You should get the banner and cmd:
            prompt.

            Let me know if this helps.

            73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

            Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          • 'Scott Miller'
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 19, 2007
              The LED shouldn't stay green.  That could be an indication of a clock problem.  You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader updater, right?  Did you erase the configuration as well?

              it appears that the device is not transmitting.
              When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
              when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

              Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
              54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

              > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
              transmitting?
              > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
              >
              > Scott
              >

              > _____

            • k9sarfrog
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
                I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
                did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

              • 'Scott Miller'
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
                  The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware loaded, every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader code.  And it won't do anything else.  I suppose I'd better document that somewhere.

                  Scott

                  I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
                  did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                  > The LED shouldn't stay green. That could be an indication of a
                  clock
                  > problem. You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader
                  updater,
                  > right? Did you erase the configuration as well?
                  >

                  > _____

                • k9sarfrog
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                    LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                    used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                    successfully loaded firmware 54075
                    used default settings

                    powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                    loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                    opened otwincfg
                    selected update from web

                    successfully loaded 54085
                    powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                    loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                    i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                  • 'Scott Miller'
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                      It still enters config mode OK though, right?

                      What terminal program are you using?

                      Scott

                      LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                      used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                      successfully loaded firmware 54075
                      used default settings

                      powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                      loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                      opened otwincfg
                      selected update from web

                      successfully loaded 54085
                      powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                      loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                      i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                      --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                      > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
                      loaded,
                      > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
                      code. And
                      > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
                      somewhere.

                      > Scott
                      >

                      > _____

                    • k9sarfrog
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                        config mode works through both the serial cable and the serial-to-
                        serial adapter that I picked up.

                        i'm using SecureCRT and hyperterm w/9600 baud N81 no hardware flow.

                      • 'Scott Miller'
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                          SecureCRT works much better than hyperterm.  Try a few different baud rates, starting with 115200.

                          Scott