OT3M telemetry

  • Joe Della Barba
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2012

      You can see it go from day to night back to day> I hope the solar cells get the battery past 11.8 volts today!

      Joe Della Barba
      joe@...

      Message 2 of 10 , May 8, 2012
        On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Joe Della Barba <joe@...> wrote:

        > http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/N3HGB-5?range=day
        >
        > You can see it go from day to night back to day> I hope the solar cells
        > get the battery past 11.8 volts today!

        Just barely if you know what to look for...

        Why not set up your telemetry definitions so that you have real values
        shown on your graphs?

        Here's a site I have with a couple battery banks charged with far too
        small solar arrays, and a generator that gets kicked in whenever
        voltage drops too low. You can see the solar arrays charging the
        batteries, and spikes where the generator kicks in for an hour.

        http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/WOLFLK?range=week

        The telemetry definitions have been sent so that the graphs are
        labeled, scaled, and units provided.

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Telemetry
      • Joe Della Barba
        Message 3 of 10 , May 8, 2012
          Cool....how do I set the OT3M to do that?

          Joe Della Barba
          joe@...

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2012

          • joe@dellabarba.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9, 2012
              It is not clear to me how to do any of that with a *OT3M*. I already have it sending voltage telemetry, which is a built in function. Where would you configure the other parameters?
              73
              Joe N3HGB

              Message 6 of 10 , May 10, 2012
                On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM, joe@... <joe@...> wrote:

                > It is not clear to me how to do any of that with a *OT3M*.
                > I already have it sending voltage telemetry, which is a built in function.
                > Where would you configure the other parameters?

                The page I sent you do describes how to get the most telemetry out of
                the OT2m. The section at the bottom of the page describes the
                telemetry definitions needed to set up the labels, units, equations,
                bit definitions, and project name.

                I'll have to create a new section describing the telemetry interface
                on the OT3, and how to interface, but I was not suggesting adding
                other telemetry, but rather just defining what you currently have.

                I just went and set up your definitions for you.

                2012-05-10 08:13:51 MDT: VE6SRV>APWW09,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SPAIN2::N3HGB-5
                :PARM.Battery
                2012-05-10 08:14:20 MDT: VE6SRV>APWW09,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SPAIN2::N3HGB-5 :UNIT.Volts
                2012-05-10 08:14:49 MDT: VE6SRV>APWW09,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SPAIN2::N3HGB-5
                :EQNS.0,0.1,0
                2012-05-10 08:15:40 MDT: VE6SRV>APWW09,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SPAIN2::N3HGB-5
                :BITS.11111111,Joe's Hole in the Water

                Now the graphs on aprs.fi have labels, units, and are scaled to real
                world values.

                http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/N3HGB-5?range=day