Re: TM-241a Rx audio at mic jack

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2012
      Thank you for the reply. I found that hooking up a better antenna had all the stations showing on the map that I am used to. I want to ask for clarification on your EQ jumper comment. Do you mean it needs to be jumpered or unjumpered?

      Thanks and 73,
      Ron N4AJT (N4AJT-4 is the digi/iGate)

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan@...> wrote:

      > It is enough audio. Pin-6 is advertized as 100mv out. It is about 175mv with a max dev sig applied.
      >
      > It's un-squelched fixed audio, so vol/squelch won't change it. You will most likely need to move the EQ jumper (discriminator audio) in the tracker, so it can decode better. If that doesn't help, then try ext speaker jack.
      >
      > Regardless, you will probably get better decode from the external speaker jack, since higher levels overcome parasitic low level noise in the decode circuit. Set volume so noise is measured at about 1 volt rms. Leave the squelch open, noise all the time.
      >
      > Alan
      >

      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <rangert@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am pressing an old TM-241a into service for a fillin digi and iGate. Is the rx audio on the mic jack (pin 6) enough to reliably drive the OT2 input (pin 5) for this use? I am assuming that the volume control does NOT affect this output, and have turned it down. Am I wrong?
      > >
      > > I am not seeing much that is being decoded with this setup, but I am using a simple antenna compared to my old digi and that may be the reason. Or the Tm-241A is deaf ;) It does OK to talk to local repeaters.
      > >
      > > 73, Ron N4AJT

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2012
        The EQ jumper disables equalization when in. Most of the time speaker audio it's best to leave the jumper in. Discriminator audio will most of the time decode better without the EQ jumper in place.

        You might try it both ways, and see if EQ in or out receives the distant stations better. This link explains it very well: http://www.febo.com/packet/layer-one/receive.html