Re: [tracker2] Re: trouble sending messages

    Message 1 of 16 , May 4, 2012
    I believe this is the latest. I'm going to try to spend some time in
    the office this weekend working on updates.

    Scott

    Message 2 of 16 , May 4, 2012
      Eric,

      If you're still having trouble with the latest firmware, you might have
      to clear all of the user data on the nuvi (you need to hold down a
      corner of the screen while turning the nuvi on) to reset it. I've seen
      some of them get their message queue corrupted such that the tracker
      can't poll them for pending messages.

      Scott

      On 5/1/2012 10:18 PM, Eric Fort wrote:
      > I got my t2-301 integrated and have been having fun with it. (look at
      > aprs.fi <http://aprs.fi> for af6ep-1) I am having trouble though using
      > the attached nuvi350 to send messages. I compose a message and select
      > send and now I have 2 messages sitting in the outbound que of the nuvi
      > that have sat there unsent for 2 days. what might I be doing wrong?
      > how are aprs messages sent and recieved?
      >
      > Eric
      > AF6EP

    • Eric Fort
      Message 3 of 16 , May 4, 2012
        can the user data be backed up from the nuvi? I have a few waypoints
        stored that I'd rather not loose.

        Eric

        Message 4 of 16 , May 4, 2012
          I know some folks keep their waypoints on an SD card, but I don't think
          you can move them there. At least, I haven't seen a way to do it.

          I think you can download them to a PC and put them back, but it's been a
          long time since I've messed with that.

          If you were working with a T3 I'd send you the FMI debug version so you
          could watch exactly what's going on and send me the log, but I don't
          think it's possible to compile that into the T2.

          Scott

          On 5/4/2012 6:56 PM, Eric Fort wrote:
          > can the user data be backed up from the nuvi? I have a few waypoints
          > stored that I'd rather not loose.
          >
          > Eric
          >
          > On 5/4/12, Scott Miller <scott@...
          > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> wrote:
          > > Eric,
          > >
          > > If you're still having trouble with the latest firmware, you might have
          > > to clear all of the user data on the nuvi (you need to hold down a
          > > corner of the screen while turning the nuvi on) to reset it. I've seen
          > > some of them get their message queue corrupted such that the tracker
          > > can't poll them for pending messages.
          > >
          > > Scott
          > >
          > > On 5/1/2012 10:18 PM, Eric Fort wrote:
          > >> I got my t2-301 integrated and have been having fun with it. (look at
          > >> aprs.fi <http://aprs.fi> for af6ep-1) I am having trouble though using
          > >> the attached nuvi350 to send messages. I compose a message and select
          > >> send and now I have 2 messages sitting in the outbound que of the nuvi
          > >> that have sat there unsent for 2 days. what might I be doing wrong?
          > >> how are aprs messages sent and recieved?
          > >>
          > >> Eric
          > >> AF6EP

        • seerdman
          Message 5 of 16 , May 4, 2012
            One method - at least for waypoints - (and using Windows) is to plug the Nuvi into your PC, wait for any necessary drivers to be installed, then browse to the Nuvi in Explorer. The Nuvi appears as an external drive. Browse through the folders until you find the location of the gpx file or files. I just loaded a bunch of waypoints into a gpx file and copied it to the Nuvi for an upcoming trip.

            73,
            Steve
            KF7MXS

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fort <eric.fort@...> wrote:

            > can the user data be backed up from the nuvi? I have a few waypoints
            > stored that I'd rather not loose.
            >
            > Eric
            >
            > On 5/4/12, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
            > > Eric,
            > >
            > > If you're still having trouble with the latest firmware, you might have
            > > to clear all of the user data on the nuvi (you need to hold down a
            > > corner of the screen while turning the nuvi on) to reset it. I've seen
            > > some of them get their message queue corrupted such that the tracker
            > > can't poll them for pending messages.
            > >
            > > Scott
            > >
            > > On 5/1/2012 10:18 PM, Eric Fort wrote:
            > >> I got my t2-301 integrated and have been having fun with it. (look at
            > >> aprs.fi <http://aprs.fi> for af6ep-1) I am having trouble though using
            > >> the attached nuvi350 to send messages. I compose a message and select
            > >> send and now I have 2 messages sitting in the outbound que of the nuvi
            > >> that have sat there unsent for 2 days. what might I be doing wrong?
            > >> how are aprs messages sent and recieved?
            > >>
            > >> Eric
            > >> AF6EP

          • Marcel S
            Message 6 of 16 , May 5, 2012
              There's a nice page on the wiki that I updated recently that covers POI management on the Nuvi:
              http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Garmin_Nuvi_350_POI_Management

              -Marcel AI6MS