Wham - Bam - Thankya Mam! R2=2K does the trick

  • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
      Aside from some minor board butchery (R2 is in the darned place if
      the board is all done) I replaced R2-10k with a 2K resistor and it
      worked like a charm, it loaded up and flashed etc .....

      Now, I am cornufuzed ... how does the digi configuration table work.
      Do I put in, say, WIDE3 and say 3 hops is OK and it will do all three
      hops. Then if I put in WIDE4 and say three hops is OK, what will
      it do. How can I put in my SS (state route) VT and say as many hops
      as it wants is OK. Or if I just want to do up ton WIDE3-3, I put in
      WIDE1 (1 hop), WIDE2 (2 hops), and WIDE3 (3 hops) or will WIDE3 (3
      hops) implicitly allow WIDE2 and WIDE1.

      How do you enable/disable the digipeater? just by checking/not
      checking the enables on the various paths?

      cheers ... 73 de brian riley, n1bq , underhill center, vermont
      <n1bq@...>

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
        For WIDEn-n, just enter WIDE and the hop count. Same with the state route.
        As it stands now, if you enter WIDE and 3, for example, it'll digi WIDEn-n
        for any value of n, but if n > hop count, it'll cap it. If a WIDE6-5 comes
        in, it'll go out as WIDE6-2. This might change in the future, but I'm
        trying to keep it simple and consistent... I don't want to add lots of
        different parameters if I don't have to.

        And yes, to enable the digipeater you just check the paths you want to digi.
        There's also the 'digi mycall' checkbox, which should be checked by default.

        Scott

      • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
          Ok, thats very simple, I wish Kantronics would adopt that ...

          now what does it do if I set the OT2 to
          WIDE 3 hops
          TRACE 3 hops

          and I receive a frame

          RELAY*, WIDE3-2,TRACE3-3

          inquiring minds want to know

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
            Assuming you're not using preemption, it'll only check the next field, which
            is WIDE3-2, and it'll be digi'd as WIDE3-1. If you had preemption enabled
            for TRACE, it'd depend on the list order - it'll take the first matching
            entry it finds.

            Note that WIDE and TRACE have no special meaning to the T2. The callsign
            insertion behavior just depends on whether the ID box is checked or not.

            Scott

          • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
              also, assuming a WIDE 3 hops setting what will it do to

              WIDE6-3

              its already had 3 hops, does it simply fail to digipeat, or give it a
              4th hop capping it to 'done'

              WIDE6*

              still inquiring

            • scott@opentrac.org
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                As it stands now (again, subject to change) it'll only cap the remaining
                number of hops - in this case, it'd treat it just like an incoming WIDE3-3.

                Scott

              • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                  I still don't understand, what specifically would it do if set to
                  WIDE 3 hops to an incoming WIDE6-3. No digi or make it WIDE6* or what?

                • scott@opentrac.org
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                    It would come out as WIDE6-2. WIDE6-6 would also come out as WIDE6-2.

                  • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                      OK, now the big question, why that? Its highly unlikely anyone would
                      code WIDE 6-3 as their starting (and if they do, tough!) so the
                      general assumption , true most of the time, is that any packet
                      arriving WIDE6-3 has had three hops, shouldn't it get made to
                      WIDE6* ???? What i think you have done is set them to be limited to
                      three hops starting at you, or 2 hops past you. I thought the point
                      is to limit to three (whatever number set in config) hops total.

                      I would say that for a 3 hop limit this (below) should happen. For
                      4 and 2 hop limits you can figure the rest out, Of course I am not
                      the coder here so it maybe be a beast.

                      7-7 -> 7-2
                      7-6 -> 7-1
                      7-5 7-4 7-3 7-2 7-1 -> 7*

                      6-6 -> 6-2
                      6-5 -> 6-1
                      6-4 6-3 6-2 6-1 -> 6*

                      5-5 -> 5-2
                      5-4 -> 5-1
                      5-3 5-2 5-1 -> 5*

                      4-4 -> 4-2
                      4-3 -> 4-1
                      4-2 4-1 -> 4*

                    • scott@opentrac.org
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 4, 2006
                        I'm not saying anyone would necessarily want it that way.. it was just my
                        first pass at a hop limit implementation. What you've presented is what
                        I'm going for in the next iteration.