Re: refund

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2012
      Also, check your spam filters for blocked emails. If your email address is on spam lists it could be blocked too.

      Phone or Web store login are good ways to make contact.

      Scott is definitely super busy trying to get new products out, and getting ready for Dayton. Take a chill, it's worth the wait.

      Good luck,
      Alan

      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2012
        > Scott is definitely super busy trying to get new products out, and
        > getting ready for Dayton. Take a chill, it's worth the wait.

        Honestly we haven't even started building stuff for Dayton - we're going
        flat out trying to get existing orders filled this week. Seriously,
        first thing in the morning until 15 minutes after our normal close
        today. About the time we normally shut down I was still scrambling to
        change fixtures and find a fresh end mill to finish up another batch of
        OTUSB cases and get some orders shipped.

        Normally I'm on email again as soon as I get home, but this evening I've
        been working on data recovery. Still missing some 20,000 order emails
        that *should* have been triply backed up (IMAP server, local copy, and a
        separate online backup service) but seem to have been lost thanks to a
        perfect storm of hardware failure and software glitches.

        But those are just my archived records, not any current messages as far
        as I know, and the biggest impact will probably be on my own compulsive
        desire to have everything neatly and permanently archived and searchable.

        I did see a message about a refund today, but it wasn't something that
        could be answered in 30 seconds so it wasn't handled in my morning email
        triage. I'll do my best to get to it before bedtime.

        As always, if you really need something addressed right now, your best
        bet is to call the office at 800-274-4076. Official office hours are 10
        AM to 5 PM, but M/W/F I'm usually in by 8. Some days we'll leave for
        lunch. You can leave a message, but if you're in a hurry your best bet
        is to call back. Voice mail messages go into the same queue as email.
        But if we're in the office, we'll answer.

        Message 3 of 15 , May 2, 2012
          > I don't think that the T3-135 has been designed, prototyped, nor put
          > into production yet, so you might have a bit of a wait.

          Actually we already shipped the first batch.

          There's a combined manual in the works for all T3 variants. I'm hoping
          to have time to get the first draft finished this weekend.

          > The T2-135 is around, but there may be a backorder wait on them if
          > Scott is out of stock.

          The T3-135 has been problematic, mostly because of a misplaced trace,
          but the decode performance is so much better than the T2-135 that I
          really don't want to produce any more of the old model.

          > Scott's last email on this reflector was at 3:25 am last night, so he
          > is around.

          I signed off at 10 PM Pacific time last night. I should probably check
          my sent mail, though - any 3 AM posts would likely be the work of the
          Ambien Walrus and should not be considered reliable technical support.

          http://ambien.blogspot.com/2010/12/ambien-walrus-collection.html

          > I'm sure you'll get a response back from him. There have been some
          > issues with email servers dumping email messages that are supposed to
          > go to his email server. He's really good at responding, but he's also
          > human, and does sometimes go to sleep at night.

          The new hosting provider has been really good about not getting us
          blocked as spam, and not losing inbound stuff. All of the recent
          problems have been local hardware issues - bad RAM on my office machine,
          RAID controller glitch at home. And Thunderbird losing thousands of
          messages during the IMAP migration. Getting tired of fighting my tools
          rather than getting work done.

          Scott
        • kc8sfq@mei.net
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2012

            Hi Scott,
            Are you going to have OTUSB's in stock for retail-sale at Dayton?
            73 de KC8SFQ

            +++++++++++++++++++
            Message 5 of 15 , May 3, 2012
              On 5/3/2012 4:47 AM, kc8sfq@... wrote:

              > Hi Scott,
              > Are you going to have OTUSB's in stock for retail-sale at Dayton?
              > 73 de KC8SFQ

              I really hope so! We're going to have another busy day today putting
              them together and getting caught up with orders. We'll try to build up
              a good stockpile of them for Dayton, and T3s, too.

              Scott
            • Teddy Banks
              Message 6 of 15 , May 3, 2012
                Are these for sale now? I did not see them on your web site.

                On 5/2/2012 11:48 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
                >> I don't think that the T3-135 has been designed, prototyped, nor put
                >> into production yet, so you might have a bit of a wait.
                > Actually we already shipped the first batch.
                >
                > There's a combined manual in the works for all T3 variants. I'm hoping
                > to have time to get the first draft finished this weekend.
                >
                >> The T2-135 is around, but there may be a backorder wait on them if
                >> Scott is out of stock.
                > The T3-135 has been problematic, mostly because of a misplaced trace,
                > but the decode performance is so much better than the T2-135 that I
                > really don't want to produce any more of the old model.
                >
                >> Scott's last email on this reflector was at 3:25 am last night, so he
                >> is around.
                > I signed off at 10 PM Pacific time last night. I should probably check
                > my sent mail, though - any 3 AM posts would likely be the work of the
                > Ambien Walrus and should not be considered reliable technical support.
                >
                > http://ambien.blogspot.com/2010/12/ambien-walrus-collection.html
                >
                >> I'm sure you'll get a response back from him. There have been some
                >> issues with email servers dumping email messages that are supposed to
                >> go to his email server. He's really good at responding, but he's also
                >> human, and does sometimes go to sleep at night.
                > The new hosting provider has been really good about not getting us
                > blocked as spam, and not losing inbound stuff. All of the recent
                > problems have been local hardware issues - bad RAM on my office machine,
                > RAID controller glitch at home. And Thunderbird losing thousands of
                > messages during the IMAP migration. Getting tired of fighting my tools
                > rather than getting work done.

                KC0WNY - Ted
              • Eric Fort
                Message 7 of 15 , May 3, 2012
                  yup, you too can buy one! link below:

                  https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=112

                  Eric
                  af6ep

                  On 5/3/12, Teddy Banks <tbanks204@...> wrote:
                  > Are these for sale now? I did not see them on your web site.
                  >
                  > On 5/2/2012 11:48 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
                  >>> I don't think that the T3-135 has been designed, prototyped, nor put
                  >>> into production yet, so you might have a bit of a wait.
                  >> Actually we already shipped the first batch.
                  >>
                  >> There's a combined manual in the works for all T3 variants. I'm hoping
                  >> to have time to get the first draft finished this weekend.
                  >>
                  >>> The T2-135 is around, but there may be a backorder wait on them if
                  >>> Scott is out of stock.
                  >> The T3-135 has been problematic, mostly because of a misplaced trace,
                  >> but the decode performance is so much better than the T2-135 that I
                  >> really don't want to produce any more of the old model.
                  >>
                  >>> Scott's last email on this reflector was at 3:25 am last night, so he
                  >>> is around.
                  >> I signed off at 10 PM Pacific time last night. I should probably check
                  >> my sent mail, though - any 3 AM posts would likely be the work of the
                  >> Ambien Walrus and should not be considered reliable technical support.
                  >>
                  >> http://ambien.blogspot.com/2010/12/ambien-walrus-collection.html
                  >>
                  >>> I'm sure you'll get a response back from him. There have been some
                  >>> issues with email servers dumping email messages that are supposed to
                  >>> go to his email server. He's really good at responding, but he's also
                  >>> human, and does sometimes go to sleep at night.
                  >> The new hosting provider has been really good about not getting us
                  >> blocked as spam, and not losing inbound stuff. All of the recent
                  >> problems have been local hardware issues - bad RAM on my office machine,
                  >> RAID controller glitch at home. And Thunderbird losing thousands of
                  >> messages during the IMAP migration. Getting tired of fighting my tools
                  >> rather than getting work done.
                  >>
                  >> Scott

                  > KC0WNY - Ted

                • Eric Fort
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 3, 2012
                    ok, my bad... I get the -135 and the -301 confused sometimes....

                    Eric
                    AF6EP

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 4, 2012
                      If you order a T2-135 you'll get a T3-135 when the next batch is ready.

                      Scott

                      On 5/3/2012 8:41 PM, Teddy Banks wrote:
                      > Are these for sale now? I did not see them on your web site.
                      >
                      > On 5/2/2012 11:48 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
                      >>> I don't think that the T3-135 has been designed, prototyped, nor put
                      >>> into production yet, so you might have a bit of a wait.
                      >> Actually we already shipped the first batch.
                      >>
                      >> There's a combined manual in the works for all T3 variants. I'm hoping
                      >> to have time to get the first draft finished this weekend.
                      >>
                      >>> The T2-135 is around, but there may be a backorder wait on them if
                      >>> Scott is out of stock.
                      >> The T3-135 has been problematic, mostly because of a misplaced trace,
                      >> but the decode performance is so much better than the T2-135 that I
                      >> really don't want to produce any more of the old model.
                      >>
                      >>> Scott's last email on this reflector was at 3:25 am last night, so he
                      >>> is around.
                      >> I signed off at 10 PM Pacific time last night. I should probably check
                      >> my sent mail, though - any 3 AM posts would likely be the work of the
                      >> Ambien Walrus and should not be considered reliable technical support.
                      >>
                      >> http://ambien.blogspot.com/2010/12/ambien-walrus-collection.html
                      >>
                      >>> I'm sure you'll get a response back from him. There have been some
                      >>> issues with email servers dumping email messages that are supposed to
                      >>> go to his email server. He's really good at responding, but he's also
                      >>> human, and does sometimes go to sleep at night.
                      >> The new hosting provider has been really good about not getting us
                      >> blocked as spam, and not losing inbound stuff. All of the recent
                      >> problems have been local hardware issues - bad RAM on my office machine,
                      >> RAID controller glitch at home. And Thunderbird losing thousands of
                      >> messages during the IMAP migration. Getting tired of fighting my tools
                      >> rather than getting work done.
                      >>
                      >> Scott

                    • Ron N9SZV
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 13, 2012
                        Scott, any new updates on the TNC? I did download the firmware update you put out and it is doing well yet. Is there any new features been added lately? Also hows the manual coming? I know so many questions!! But there is really no info about the T3-135 every thing you have on the web site or manuals is the T2-135

                        Ron N9SZV
                      • Ron N9SZV
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 27, 2012
                          T3-135

                          Scott, any new updates on the TNC? Is there any new features been added lately? Also hows the manual coming?

                          Ron N9SZV
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 29, 2012
                            There's a preliminary manual up now - you can find it on the wiki. My
                            web authoring software got wiped out and I'm having to set it all up
                            again, so it'll be a little bit before I get the website updated.

                            Scott