Re: [tracker2] Embedded hardware for Tracker2 iGate

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 30, 2012
      > Scott if you get a second stab at the T3-301 TNC PCB having a header or
      > some SMD resistors we could move to get TTL serial out of it in
      > preferance to RS232 and kill the power to the RS232 chip would be *very*
      > useful for the future :)

      The MCU on the T3 already puts out TTL levels - you could pull the
      MAX202 chip and solder to the pads, though they're still pretty tiny.

      I have a partially-finished SMT module design for the OTUSB that I need
      to get back to. It's bigger than the OT1+ SMT but has its own USB
      connector, which will make it way easier to set up.

      Scott
    • Christopher Snell
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1 3:01 PM
        Scott,

        If you come up with some SMT's based off the new platform, mark me down for two of them.   Laying out a custom T3/OTUSB in Eagle is more than I have time for right now but if you manage to get around to it, I'm interested.

        Chris

        On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        > Scott if you get a second stab at the T3-301 TNC PCB having a header or
        > some SMD resistors we could move to get TTL serial out of it in
        > preferance to RS232 and kill the power to the RS232 chip would be *very*
        > useful for the future :)

        The MCU on the T3 already puts out TTL levels - you could pull the
        MAX202 chip and solder to the pads, though they're still pretty tiny.

        I have a partially-finished SMT module design for the OTUSB that I need
        to get back to.  It's bigger than the OT1+ SMT but has its own USB
        connector, which will make it way easier to set up.

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)